the Rift

Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
a long, long, long, way, way from my home

Mama had always told me about the rite of passage.

Her reserved voice commonly recalled her own bank full of memories when she had seen her former children, my brothers and sisters, pass through the rite of passage. I heeded her warning that I would be swiftly removed due to my gender, because it was the cycle of life in the horse herd - instinct reigned in the kingdom we drifted along in the abstract wall guarding from another world. Back then, I disapproved immensely of leaving behind mama. But I matured each day since the words were spoken where I realized I was already weaned, and capable of dimming the mother-son bond we had. Melancholy spread through every fiber of my emotions; evoked by the thought of leaving, but mama told me that I'll be fine.

It was already time for me to begin the rites months later. I was urged onward towards the east where my isolation would begin. What did I feel? Fear, no doubt. I felt it's unattractive nature seep into my confidence on survival. I began to questioned my own abilities where the best of what I could do was speak. Fortunately, the instincts to migrate to an unknown destination finally kicked in, and I began to travel for what felt like an eternity. My legs sped with intensity to find a band, but I often forgot I had any limits in my body. An urgent ache was one miniscule spot until it grew, and spread throughout my body. Exhaustion caught up with me.

The sensation was peculiar, as if I had crossed into a new region. It was a silly thought! Obviously the region was certainly a stranger to my eyes, and the other senses I was gifted with since conception. My vision focused in on the unfamiliar details while the forest-like scenery had some similar feel to add to my comfort. I wasn't exactly in the zone of complete stillness. My body fidgeted as I took it easy, in spite of how heavy my breathing was and my lungs hissed at the drudgery, and the reminder it was conceived in my organismic form. Perhaps the feeling of energy pumping into my veins was what kept me going when my ears attempted to catch waves of sound from every direction, eyes peered towards the blurred landscape in the distance, and nose catching whiff of territorial markings. Smell of equines, which pumped more blood and quickened the pulsing muscle. The idea of meeting other horses was an amiable idea, but I was on my own now. Sooner or later, I would have to confront someone in order to complete the instinctual rite of passage.
Words: 448
Tag(s): None
Comments: Open for all factions.
EDIT: Fixed word count. Added table.
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-21-2014, 09:24 PM