the Rift

Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
a long, long, long, way, way from my home

The words flowed freely from my mouth. Noises made, communication heard, and comprehension left unspoken with only body language to indicate what was bound to occur. I fell into this cycle of repetition: politeness in front of strangers was key as mama had often drilled into my skull. Until the short-term thought was no more, it rattled my vulnerable musings of foreign topics compared to communication. I chattered before, and it was how most could grasp what I wanted whether it was to go off and frolic with my fellow playmates, or question what my curiosity pulled myself through and through. Sometimes I regretted to grasp the true concepts behind silence.

As always, my vision focused briefly on the bird - Silas - sometimes darting focus in another direction. I caught wind of his urgency unless my ability to observe needed work. It was unusually elating; satisfying my inner boy, and contributing to a silent fantasy. The fantasy? I conjured a fabricated future where I could admit that I met an avian companion during my rites. The whole process upon a feathered creature could get tedious after some time. Instead, I turned to other topics: the sunlight; and the warmth surely cooked the tender skin beneath my fur by now.

Africa had caught my attention again. I habitually caught myself off-guard more times than I should, but the heeded words lingered, and tapped against the surface where the boundaries were laid for forgotten lines and others stalled to remain longer. Her face was genuinely benign, and it reminded me of those back home with soft expressions. Homesickness was quick to surface, but instinct reminded me that life wasn't exactly going to return to former times. Still, her words made my excitement increase with minimum, voluntary effort.

My bottom jaw was quick to drop open, but the hinges still worked if I wanted to muster up a reply. Glee enveloped me in its positive feeling. Eventually, I could say something, "A home?" Obviously, I took to flattery which was openly willing to leak into my mild expression. The offer was more appealing, and my heart swelled, "I get to join your herd?"

The sore muscles bunched as I lifted my legs one by one. I bent a few in a gradual fashion to eventually transform into an excitable dance. I would escape this foreign region on a valiant journey! My eyes trailed towards her actions. Her movements indicated a shift in direction. I mimicked her movements until the front view faced the south of the tree labyrinth. Every small detail in how her gait transformed was mimicked - the unsteady transition into a trot before I struggled to catch up by converting to a full-blown gallop. My chest expanded to allow oxygen to inhabit my lungs.

The start was difficult all around. Another trial needed to be overcome near the end. The rites of passage was now over because I had found the finish line.
Words: 491
Tag(s): none
Comments: 'Tis all good. This should be a good ending point for this thread!
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Unlock the Door and Lay the Cornerstone [Open] - by Marco - 01-21-2014, 09:24 PM