the Rift

End of War

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had nowhere else to go now. Isilme was past long gone, and now, here I am, trying to pick up where I’ve stopped over the years. But I refuse to give up, and I knew where I was going. I was one of those three blind mice. I was headed to Helovia. A place that I had overheard my siblings speak about after Isilme went down in runes. Now all I had to do was find that place, wherever it was.

My legs were growing weaker and weaker by every single small step I took, and I stumbled around everywhere. Yet, I knew I had to reach safety. When the moon reached its highest point of its zenith, the predators were out. One thing everybody knows, is when predators hunt, they hunt together, like a herd would fight for each other. I could fight small pack back before my travel, but now at this stage in health, it was useless to struggle and would cause more pain than it would if you just stood there and suffered.

Well, I wasn’t going to do either.

My legs pushed faster as I carried on, hoping to reach the boundaries soon or else my worthless legs would collapse underneath me. I tried as hard as I could to keep my head above me and to stare at the purified sky, because I knew if I looked down, it would seem a longer walk. So, I watched as the noon skies turned to a orange-purple color of the evening sky. The sunset was memorable, and would probably rest in the back of my cluttered head. The purple, yellow, and orange hues all mixed together, then the solitude of the slowly-sleeping earth beneath it. It was almost the most beautiful thing I had ever seen since I barely ever watched the sunsets.

Then that made me wonder.

How had I never recognized the beauty of the nature? Was I just that much of an idiot not to realize what reality actually was? Or did I only care about battling endlessly, because I didn’t know the first thing about what nature actually was. I was taught to be what I am to this day, not to watch the sunsets or watch the pesky little bees fly around, collecting their nectar in the spring. My life wasn’t revolved around that kind of situation. I was taught to do what I’m supposed to do, just like the rest were supposed to do. Fight for their family. But they had all left me there, stuck on Isilme with no one to hold onto. Did they care? Or did they even think about me anymore? Well, I would find that out, tomorrow.

My speed picked up once again when I saw a small shelter cover in vines. It was cave, little and round, with vines covering the entering, making it a blind spot. My body was tightened inside small space, but I would manage until dawn, and then move out again.

I woke up, then my body finally woke up.

I yawned, my mouth stretching almost too wide until it felt like it was about to snap in half. I stumbled out of the cave and looked down at my recharged pillars, dancing around underneath me, full of speedy energy. When my silvery dome tilted back up to normal angle and I looked ahead, a deep clog of forest line stood firm. I started advancing toward it with a excited smirk on my kissers, knowing I had finally found my target and I would now be back with my long-time-no-see family. Finally, my legs woke up and I began to arrive in a full blown-out canter before I stopped at the border and peered inside. It seemed safe, and so, I stepped inside of my new island.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
End of War - by Hellä - 01-12-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: End of War - by Ayelet - 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: End of War - by Abishia - 01-14-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: End of War - by Hellä - 01-15-2014, 10:18 PM