the Rift

In this, as all, prevails

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 52dfd4d5de66c]

I had followed the coal colored brute, surprised when we had altered our route from the wooded lands to this. I would have pressed for information, however Oxy wasn't big on conversation this trip. Perhaps he never was. I thought it was kind of shady behavior, especially from someone who deemed himself a General. Shouldn't he be used to blabbing on about behavior expected and spewing orders? Perhaps it's because I'm female, or maybe it's because I'm young, not worthy to be considered anything other than a stray that needed to be picked up. My curiosity soon spiked as my eyes spotted several others filing into a caves depths. I was not afraid, just wary. Was this the only way in? Where was a second exit? I nearly stopped my forward momentum when the leading form spoke. I nearly tripped but caught myself at her warning of our footing.

Slowly everyone seemed to file in. I peered eagerly around, hoping for a glimpse of a familiar face, and finding none. Sadness flashed inside me for no apparent reason. I hadn't been sad when I'd been alone, why did I feel it now? Perhaps it's because amongst this group of equines, I felt more alone then before. I was surprised when my head was empty from the voices, not exactly missing them, but nonetheless feeling their absence. That thought process was interrupted as the mare spoke.

I found myself instantly confused. I'd been out and about above and I hadn't seen any disease or anything like that of which this mare spoke of. Perhaps I was just lucky, or blind. Has my youth made me incapable of sensing such things? Or has my mind broke to the point of not understanding reality. It wasn't a warm and fuzzy feeling inside me at that thought.

I watch Oxy's reaction to everything, as he is the only one that I know. He watches the mare as if nothing else exists. Perhaps it was her lack of acknowledging him as a General? Or not looking to him for aid? I didn't know, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to. It just seemed like it was all a bit too much to take in. I watch his gaze shift and I move mine to the direction his landed. Watching the stallion speak, it is made clear he is not a part of this outcast group. He refers to the group at large with words like we when referring to where ever he just came from, and your, referring to us. I don't recognize him, but his scent is familiar in that it carries a scent I know. He's been around others I am familiar with, but I cannot pinpoint who.

A mare mentions crafting and I hide a snort. It wouldn't be right for me to judge something I cannot understand. Then again in my youth I don't understand much, though I wish I did. Perhaps those here will teach me? I nearly open my mouth to call out to the leading mare to ask where I should fit into this, but Oxy beat me too it, giving permission to use his warriors. Really I didn't understand what the fuss is about but again I held back any comment on that. Instead I pushed myself away from the only familiar soul in the room and moved myself in position to speak to the mare who called herself Circuta. "I am Skysong, and I may be young and naive but I'm sure I can help with something." I trailed off and glanced down at the ground, suddenly uncertain. "Eris was training me in sparring before I left, so I only know some. I can't heal or craft." I mumbled the last part, expecting laughter at my lack of knowledge or use.

Word Count: 636
OOC:
"talking"::and the voices only I can hear

[Image: 52dfd6ef41043]
IMAGE CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
In this, as all, prevails - by Circuta - 01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: In this, as all, prevails - by Midas - 01-13-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: In this, as all, prevails - by Cashmere - 01-13-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: In this, as all, prevails - by Oxy - 01-13-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: In this, as all, prevails - by Skysong - 01-22-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: In this, as all, prevails - by Cealestis - 01-25-2014, 03:13 PM