the Rift

[OPEN] better dig two

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

Looking down into the face of the youth, it was clear that he wasn't too sure how to react. I had wondered if it would be best for me to simply stay back and leave the newly bonded pair to themselves, but I'd been unable, remembering my own joy the day Suli had hatched and we had formed our own bond. It was certainly a special moment unlike any other, a knitting of two souls, but that day had been made all the more special by the gathering of my peers.

The boy introduced himself as Abraham, but his attention was hardly on my question and instead on the hovering forms of green and white. A deep chuckle passed my lips as I too looked at them; I could feel Suli's yearning to play as well as her instinct to nurture the newborn, despite Gwyneverre not being her own. A deeper, more matured growl sounded from the green's throat in response to Gwyn, but it was all in good nature. She began to descend towards the ground then, taking the salamander in one set of talons as she landed before grabbing it within her teeth, setting it down in front of her. If the white followed as she had intended, Suli stuck her neck out and shoved the amphibian towards her younger kin with a mighty huff.

Only then did I shift my gaze back to Abraham, a smile still lain across my face. I had never seen him before, and his markings didn't bring any immediate ideas as to his parentage to my mind. He was not from the Edge, I knew, but where had he come from? Were his parents somewhere within the cave, or had they been lost to the darkness? The questions were the same ones I often asked myself since arriving here regarding my own children, and I quickly shoved them from my mind. This was a happy moment, and I wouldn't soil it with such melancholic thoughts.

"I like to think that they're simply happy to see one another," I answered the colt's first question, giving the slightest shrug of a shoulder, "For why shouldn't they be?" My gaze shifted briefly to the dragons once more, watching curiously their behavior before looking back to Abraham at his question. When I had obtained Suli and learned what she was, I'd asked myself the very same thing. I'd been plagued with worry that I wouldn't be able to care for her properly, that I would kill her without meaning to simply for lack of knowledge. But nearly a year later, she was still here, grown and a bit of an ass at times, but, we'd grown closer than I could have ever imagined.

With pursed lips, my expression turned thoughtful. "I'm sure there are varying types and species that prefer different diets, but of all the dragons I've ever met, all were carnivores. Suli there, for instance," I said, gesturing with a slight tilt of my head, "Prefers squirrels, but she'll eat anything. I've even seen her down a couple of berries before, but... I don't think they were good on her belly."

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
better dig two - by Abraham - 01-14-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: better dig two - by Destrier - 01-19-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: better dig two - by Abraham - 01-20-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: better dig two - by Destrier - 01-22-2014, 03:57 AM
RE: better dig two - by Amara - 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM