the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'll see you next Tuesday. [Sohalia, Gaucho]

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

The world was blurred, slugged in his eyes. Horses were everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Shadows were not shadows anymore, they were demons, monsters of unimaginable proportions.
Is this hallucinating felt like? The world had morphed into everything that it is not. This was a ponderable thought, Note would have mulled it over for hours if his own mind hadn't been going through a deluded nightmare.
The stallion stumbled and tripped, uneasy on his hooves. The terrain sloped, causing the poor fellow to lose what little footing he had. Note slipped and slid upon the ground until it was somewhat level. He drove his silver hooves into the ground, determined to stay standing. The dusty bay was terrified to fall in this state, he might not be able to get back up. So the stallion stood, trembling, eyes closed, in the..cave? Yes, it was a cave. That's what it felt like, at least.
'OK now?'
Oh, great. Now Note was developing schizophrenia. This voice wasn't his, yet it resonated in his thoughts.
'It me! Sabel! Please, please ok,' the voice echoed in his mind once more. It sounded feminine. How odd.
Something furry, about two feet tall, brushed against his legs, a rumbling noise vibrating through it to Note.
Then it hit him. It was Sabel, his petite little kitten companion! How could he ever forget about her? Note opened his eyes little by little, the world around him slowly coming into focus. He looked down at what he expected to be a small lynx kit, but was instead a larger animal. It was definitely his Sabel, his feathers hung behind her ears, but she had grown. And grown a lot. 'How old are you?' Note questioned the lynx, still shaking from his weakness. The lynx looked up, joy flooding her pale blind eyes. 'My two cold time soon,' She responded proudly, a cat-smile gracing her pink lips.
Two cold time..Her second Frostfall would be soon?! She was shuffling through her first frostfall the other day..
'No, no, no, this is a dream, it's all a dream. You're still a kitten, Sabel,' Note pleaded in denial. This could not be right. That would mean his little Skysong would be a year old, and Note himself would be six. That's just not possible.
'You were sleep for long time. I care for you! I two cold times soon, Note,' Sabel continued to boast, standing up straighter and not at all losing her happy tone. 'Sleep? A coma..How did I get so sleepy, Sabel?' Note continued to quiz the lynx. He had so many questions, yet they could only be answered by the most simplest of creatures. At least she was trying. 'Tree branch fell on head,' Sabel replied dully, leaning her forehead against Note's cannon. 'Very scary, I take care of you,' the lynx finished, closing her eyes.
Note lifted his head, the realization of past events dawning on him. 'Sabel, you are the single most amazing companion anyone could ever ask for,' Note spoke through their bond. He arched his neck, reaching down to nuzzle Sabel.
Now all he needed to do was build up his strength, find his herd, his daughter, and Sohalia. How hard could it be?

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Messages In This Thread
I'll see you next Tuesday. [Sohalia, Gaucho] - by Note - 01-16-2014, 10:47 PM