the Rift

An Insidious Requiem

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
I watch the mare and can read her anger, until all of this I never understood how or why mortals gave in so easily to their petty feelings, but I am slowly getting it. I will control the storm raging inside of my mind, I could control it once I can control it again. There is much I need to learn in this mortal shell, after all it appears I won’t be searching for the gate any time soon. Five hundred and forty seven days of searching and it ends with my being thrown even further away from everything and everyone I love.

When my eyes drift to the ashen remains of my wings I can see her eyes follow. What is going through that tiny mortal mind? Part of me wonders if she’s smart enough to put two together at the placement of the burns and the ash at my feet. Something tells this girl isn’t sure how to decipher it all. Funny how much she wants to deny any kind of supernatural force could inflict this upon me. Their minds are so focused on the physical they can’t see into the spiritual. Odd how I refer to them as if I am not one of them, because I am all I am now is flesh and blood. I won’t become like them though, I won’ stoop to their level and be blind to what occurs behind the veil. Then I notice a shift in her expression, it turns from anger and softens into something I can’t quite place. This mare is peculiar and doesn’t seem to know how to feel only one emotion at a time.

The odd little mare gives her reasoning. So apparently it’s a um… What did the pagans call it? Ah yes, karma, it seems that it is a kind of karma thing. Or maybe it is a kind of spread the love kind of thing. In the end I really don’t care that much about why she speaks to strangers. Then she goes on to make jokes and I shrug in response, but promptly regret it when a wave of sharp and burning pain shoots through me. “At this point, I’m no bigger threat than a fly.” It’s an attempt a humor but it’s weighed down with wistfulness.

As the grief attempts to seize hold of me, I watch as she comes closer. Instinctually I step back but I gain control of myself before I fall into the mindset of defense. I close my eyes and let myself indulge in childish fantasies, I try to imagine that it isn’t a stranger touching me but Samael, and for a moment I drift off into that daydream, and it takes such self-motivation to open my eyes when she pulls away and I can feel my heart drop further. I blink and take in her offer. “Your herd… Well, I suppose I don’t ave a wide range of options do I.” I give out a sigh. “We should probably start moving, I don’t think I’ll be able to last very long with these burns.”

"blah blah blah"
image credit

Messages In This Thread
An Insidious Requiem - by Hamaliel - 01-17-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: An Insidious Requiem - by Megaera - 01-18-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: An Insidious Requiem - by Hamaliel - 01-18-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: An Insidious Requiem - by Megaera - 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: An Insidious Requiem - by Hamaliel - 01-19-2014, 12:42 AM