the Rift

I Shelter The Truth With Lies [Open]

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

I have lived a lie. I've been willing to die for it, fight for it, even loose myself for it, and now I wonder; for what? I am no boy nor will I ever be. I would not go as far as to say that it hurts, but it's close. When you have lived your whole life as a puppet, you learn how to let go of the strings that make you dance. You accept it. It's as easy as that.

Pain. It was here again. I had expected it to come sooner or later, and guess what? It made it very clear it is here to stay. I don't mind it though. Pain is something all must endure and I have made it my friend. A soft grunt escapes my throat as I almost stumble. I got to pay attention to my surroundings. This is not what I am used to. I come from sand, warmth and endless summer. Then why I am here? I've asked myself the same question over and over again, but only one answer my heart gives me. The creed. My creed; To do what is best for all.

I can not think about it. I am a warrior, not a doll! My head turns towards the skies, hidden behind the thick foliage of the forest. As I breath in, I smell pines, water and cold. Is it that season already? A shiver builds up in my body and I shake it off. No, I got to stay focused, I can't turn back now. But damn, the cold. I am not made for this!

Wait! I stop suddenly as my ears and brain tries to process the sound I just heard. Was that a bird or something bigger? I fill my lungs with cold air in search for the answer. My whole body works together as a well oiled machine to fill in the blanks. Yes, that has to be a horse. Do I want to figure out if it's a friend or foe? I lower my head and feel the muscles in my body, as the answer rings clearly in my mind; Too late.

Messages In This Thread
I Shelter The Truth With Lies [Open] - by Quinn - 01-18-2014, 04:34 AM
RE: I Shelter The Truth With Lies [Open] - by Quinn - 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: I Shelter The Truth With Lies [Open] - by Quinn - 01-18-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: I Shelter The Truth With Lies [Open] - by Quinn - 01-19-2014, 06:58 AM