the Rift

[OPEN] ( 4 6 3 |)

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Her hooves pounded out the tempo of her heart as she raced from the Sanctuary, her body lunging through the opening and embracing the open world with an audible sigh of relief shuddering through her nose. She was forced to keep her head low, eyes blinking against the sudden brightness of the sun, to which the glowing room with its strange, blue light would never compare.

It was not enough though, so Ampere did not stop.

The heat of the Heart's opening blasted her left side as Ampere galloped on, grasses slapping against her hooves on her right side. She was thankful for the flat ground which allowed her to enter a dead run, needing the space and the time to gain speed. Gradually she began to unfurl the wings tucked tightly at her sides, as if their close proximity comforted her; the embrace of the lonely.

Finally it was enough, the wind created by her speed slipping beneath her wings and gradually pushing up. She pumped the feathered appendages dutifully, shoving off with her back feet. For a moment she hung in uncertainty, restrained by gravity's clutches, but on the next down-stroke she broke the invisible chains and was airborne, climbing higher and higher.
She smiled until she laughed. She laughed until she cried.

"I'm sorry," she whispered into the wind, painfully aware that she was putting herself in danger when Mesec had helped her to safety, that she was leaving behind Gaucho fro whom she'd been endlessly searching. "I'm a fool." She did not stop flying though.

In the distance she could see the horizon was dark.
- table - art -

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
( 4 6 3 |) - by Ampere - 01-19-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: ( 4 6 3 |) - by Brighid - 01-20-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: ( 4 6 3 |) - by Ampere - 01-24-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: ( 4 6 3 |) - by Nyx - 01-28-2014, 07:26 PM