the Rift

One plus One makes Me

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

Nights of dreamless sleep are a blessing for when I dream it is of Deagor and Zetto even after all these years. Sometimes I relive their deaths… the blood, the pain, the sadness… I guess we all have our personal demons and these are mine. Once in a while I dream of the Silver Shores and these dreams are almost worse, however happy the memories. I know now for good and all that I can never return home. That I believe would be a fatal choice. So instead I press ever onward into the unknown. Occasionally I have cause to regret having left Reykjavik and never knowing what life with Merlin might have been like… then again I was never certain there was a life for me there. Since then I have seen many wonders and breath taking beauty, things I would not have seen had I ceased traveling earlier on. In the end the experiences I have gained outweigh any of those regrets.

Among those many wonders is Alejandro, my soul bound companion, and I never meant to abandon him. Never in a million years… I cannot think what possessed me the day I climb the mountain. All I know is that it should not have been the disaster it turned out to be. I must have angered the Keeper somehow, I can think of no other explanation for my violent expulsion from the lands of Avenion. So, yet another attempt at a life and home lies strewn in tatters at my feet and another gaping hole in my heart has formed where Alejandro should have been. That tumble into bowels of the black mountain took me through the earth, perhaps even to another world entirely. I am aware only that the air here feels strange, heavy with an alien presence I cannot place.

First things first, I must discover where I am and find other life. A quick testing of the air reveals no tang of salty sea water. A small disappointment, I’ve never tried to live in a land locked area before… but perhaps it is in fact near to the ocean and the winds simply are not blowing in my favor just now. On the other hand maybe it is time for me to try something totally different. My examination of the area surrounding my “landing” sight is hampered by the lack of anything resembling light. There is no moon and even the stars are unusually faint. I hear water running over rocks and know that there must be a stream near but on unfamiliar ground in this overwhelming darkness I cannot seem to convince myself that making my way to it is a good idea.

I am stiff, bruised, cold and tired. I want nothing more than to drift into peaceful slumber but, as I am sure I’ve mentioned, my sleep is rarely peaceful these days and something tells me that closing my eyes in this place would be less than wise. Drawing attention to my person and location is probably also an act lacking in wisdom but I cannot help it. This silence is killing me, I have to do something. With a frustrated stamp and snort I call out to the shadows.

“Hello? Is anyone out there?”

Were Alejandro here he would point out that I should be more careful, that I might wake something I’ll regret having encountered. He would scold me even more for failing to notice the sleeping form that could not get any closer without being under my very hooves. In my defense, I did appear in this place rather unexpectedly and the creature is behind me…

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-19-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Lena - 01-23-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-27-2014, 05:24 PM