the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Open Up Your Eyes [Nayati]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

It was a miracle this mare was even able to function. Her mind was almost detached from her body, torn, frayed, burning nerve endings sending messages across the synapses. It is a weak body, bones just strong enough to carry the weight of the muscle - yes - but not near strong enough to lug along this burden of these memories that were rooted so deeply in her soul. It was this body that could so easily succumb to sickness and horror and death that seemed to neglect every option that came to its doorstep. But how was it possible that her body was stronger than her mind itself? No. Perhaps it seemed that it only was making Resplendence hang on through all the mental anguish until it found a death suiting of the torture that she had suffered from every image that could flash before her eyes and every day that she had dared to breathe.

But it was this loss of connection that actually made her so completely and utterly connected. It was this ability to take on so much pain and anguish and keep moving that dared to give the word 'Resplendence' a true name and form. For, had she not been able to detach herself when the pain became too much, her mind would have left with her body and her soul oh so very long ago. It is these burning emotions that make this mare whole - and it is these burning emotions and tattered limbs that make Nayati only one word: "Perfect."

The spotted one is the embodiment of perfection. She is the last grips of a life that Res had lost in tremors of night and bloodied wounds and cries of pain and sadness. For all Res cared, this young one took on the soul of her young Rita when the wolves had mauled her, for she acted near the same. Both were as afraid of the world as Resplendence herself was and still is. If this little one needed anyone, she had no doubt that the need that radiated from her soul was also being screamed out from her own. There were holes that could never be filled - but that would be taken and pulled so tautly until it appeared to be covered with something, anything, else.

Sugared lyrics from a life far past - a life that Resplendence only remembered in vivid imagery of horrors and blood and death - came out from her mouth in an attempt to calm the young one. The blood on Nayati's legs only served to jar the memories from her deep subconscious of the wolves and her twins being mangled. She would not allow the same fate to befall this little one. She would jump in front of anything that dared to hurt her - she didn't care what it was or how scared she was. it would not happen under her watch.

Resplendence is nearly begging, pleading, praying that Nayati will be able to connect just long enough to listen and allow her breathing to calm down. And she did, rasping breaths falling into a sweet, swirling rhythm that Resplendence had allowed to crawl from her lips. But, the rattling of her breath as well as the bloodied wounds upon Nayati's legs do little to appease the mare who is hovering over her much to the resemblance of a mother hen. She will fix this baby. She will do all she can to make her better - to reconnect her mind and her body so that the burning emotions and intelligence lurking in her skull can fight together and she can be even better than she could have imagined. That is Resplendence's goal, and she will start today.

The blooming flowers would have jarred her much earlier, had it happened before she found the goal that only one with a tattered mind and tortured soul could actually create. It is a sea of flowers, and it is beautiful. It is the young one's voice that brings Res's orbs back down the young, frightened being pressed up against her side. "If you can stand, we can get out of here," Resplendence whispers, voice still singing in its sweet harmony of concern and care. "We can go into the light, and I can get some herbs to tend to your legs." There was a gentle pause as the figment of a mare presses her maw up against the young one's shoulder and gently massages into the weak bones that come from having to bear such a heavy past as their own. "If you cannot, I will not leave you - we will rest more until you gain your strength. It is you, my sweetest, that matters. It is you that can create beauty so easily. And these wounds are what make you perfect, my herbs will do little more than make you a bit stronger for the wear - it is your love that pulls you through." She whispers, delicate words but words directly from the heart of the burning emotions that were what made Res who she was. And it was these words that she would stand by until Nayati could see them on her own.

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Open Up Your Eyes [Nayati] - by Resplendence - 01-20-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: !! Open Up Your Eyes [Nayati] - by Nayati - 02-03-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: !! Open Up Your Eyes [Nayati] - by Nayati - 04-02-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: !! Open Up Your Eyes [Nayati] - by Resplendence - 04-14-2014, 10:15 PM