the Rift

[OPEN] Transmissions will resume

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade
But with the beast inside, there's no where we can hide

d'Artagnan was careful where he placed himself, very few earned such caution from the shade, but he was no fool to disregard the reputation of the Reaper. Especially when he appeared to be so riled and angered. Something indeed had happened, the Lord stated they were forced into a flee, quite something for the unicorns to leave their snowy land, were these demons really that bad that they couldn't stand and fight? Perhaps they were, Deimos was not one to run away from much and the mere fact alone made his mind whirl at what exactly it was everyone was so scared of. Right now the Aurora Basin was wide open, it was bare of defenders and ready to be taken, it made him clench his jaw and his brow furrow in worry. He may have cut his ties from the cold realm, but he still had memories and his loyalties, those he couldn't discard. It hurt his pride to think something other than a horn bearing creature would disgrace the land by treading hoof prints in sacred snow and drinking through dirty lips in their clean lake. He almost wanted to demand of Deimos to accompany him back there now, Nightshade and Reaper, standing guard. The conversation took a different direction, however, and soon the Doctor's thoughts became distracted by a familiar picture of an idiot and his owl.

"I found him where one would go seek a God. Alive and well, though we were interrupted by a strange mare, I haven't seen him since." He informed the Reaper, half smiling at the thought of Nyx's face at calling her strange, he had found her later in the caves, though nothing yet as of Mauja. The shade didn't worry as much as a friend probably should, but he'd known his icy companion for so long to know that there wasn't much in the world that could get to him. He always turned up at some point. d'Artagnan trusted in that.

The former Mender would have continued on if he wasn't interrupted by a familiar face, a figure that looked almost exactly like him and had grown considerably since the last they'd spoke. Roux. There were some things different, the boy's legs were longer and he carried something with him, was it a bird? How interesting. Aramis wagged as memories of days gone by passed through his thoughts, afternoons of watching them play and keeping an eye out for danger. The hound had followed them to many places. It was the question his son posed, however, that made d'Artagnan sigh as he frowned, gently tugging at his sons mane. "The last I saw your mother she was well, I have not seen either of them since this darkness..." Kou had been angry the last time, he felt guilt clawing at his conscience, how was it he always managed to escape danger, but his beloved Nurse was never by his side. He would have to find her, even if it meant going out alone.

As if by answer to his name, Sacre appeared much to the Nightshade's happiness, he had grown much too. Though it seemed Roux had the edge on him in that area. Mismatched eyes gazed over his other twin son, noting the flower in his mane and the arrow in his tail. Items gained, just like Roux looked to have a friend, perhaps there were stories to these new things and all of a sudden d'Artagnan felt old. His children were already growing up, already had memories and things to cherish, he had a legacy to carry on his name and he was whithering away, slowly dying as his opportunities waned. The colt spoke fast and hurried, in a voice that was afraid of monsters in the dark and the loss of friends. Sacre was lucky to be here and his father's nose wrinkled in anger, he hated being enclosed like a trembling coward. "I don't know, son, I will look for her in the caves and then I will have no choice but to go out and find her."

He hoped for both their sakes that the Nurse had made it inside the caves.

Others came, Frost Fyre he recognized and a grey mare who spoke directly to him, the Doctor had to really search through his memory to find his meeting with this mare. She was familiar and her name rang a bell. "I'm glad you felt me worth remembering" he responded dryly, committing her face to memory once again before he listened to Deimos, learning the demise of Illynx and the shade's lips turned grim. He'd never had much love for the GildedBlade, he hardly knew her at all when she rose to power which inspired him little to follow her, but she was still a horned kin. He then looked at Sacre expectantly. How much had he seen?
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Transmissions will resume - by Deimos - 01-20-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by d'Artagnan - 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Deimos - 01-25-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Roux - 01-26-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Valhalia - 01-27-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Frost Fyre - 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Sacre - 02-04-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Tangere - 02-06-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by Deimos - 02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Transmissions will resume - by d'Artagnan - 02-09-2014, 11:40 AM