the Rift

[OPEN] The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
</style>

see the lightening
in their eyes

Megaera, a proving young soldier returned from her ventures in the outlying lands. I smiled welcomingly as she slipped down from the murky light above, trailing a newcomer in her wake. Africa emerged from the shadows, Fina chirped weakly from her little spot behind my shoulders between feathers; aqua eyes peering round to gaze past my neck and search for the familiar nightbird that was almost never seen from Africa’s side. She’d grown less irritable around said avian, though it was hard to tell on most days if her distaste for Silas had been temporarily fixated on hatred for this cave.

Though she had little room for complaining. There was still ample game to be had in the above world, and the wraiths seemed to be less concerned about the birds flying above and the mice which darted below. I stepped forward, tendrils leaving a flaming trail of heaven fire. My frame slides easily in beside Africa, who like most in company was of larger stature; (though do not think that I’m easily ignored), my eyes rise to meet those of our new brother unflinchingly and kindly, “Aye, welcome Lee. I'm Midas.” Crown slips down a notch, a nod of humble respect that was due. Pitless gaze slips toward Megaera. “It pleases me to see ye safely back. Is the darkness spreading even as far as Threshold and the forest beyond?” Africa catches my attention for a moment, I can feel Fina staring at her earnestly before turning pools to linger on the newblood.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming] - by Midas - 01-23-2014, 09:43 PM