the Rift

[OPEN] The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
</style>

see the lightening
in their eyes

I listened as the new fellow reported, his words coming as a boon to bring forth rare good news. It would seem that at least some of Helovia’s forests held enough old magic in their soil to shield the wide oaks, pines and fern from darkness. My phoenix bonded chirped, her eyes slipping wider and a small avian smile creased across her predator beak; she forgot about Africa’s absent companion at the idea of meals to come. Needless to say, Fina was rather pleased to hear that some old hunting grounds might still be intact. Our friend also spoke about the coming weeks, and duties that he expected to be a part of. I half nodded, trying and failing to stay positive while a tight lined frown stretched my face into a solemn expression. Who knew when we were going home, or even if?

Africa mentioned that she hadn’t seen Shadow. I started, one ear jerking toward her and tail lashing against my patched pelt as if something had just snapped at right flank. Eyes darkened and narrowed upon remembering when I’d last laid eyes upon her, and the soot colored babe at her side. She had likely traveled with her mate back into the Basin, with her blood still hot upon my legs. Cool in tone my lips broke apart and added with a nod toward our newblood company, “Tis good this evil is being held at bay, make use of what resources ye can find.” To Africa I added an echo of what Megaera just said, “Yar, she is a strong girl. Shadow, isn’t easily broken.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming] - by Midas - 02-03-2014, 06:55 PM