the Rift

Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open]

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

Light is hard to feel on your skin, if you are not out in the open with the sun above. And even then, it's just the heat that betray where it hits you. I missed the sun. I missed the sky, but even more, I missed the sand. Here, it was only hard rock under my hooves. I changed my weight as my eyes flickered over the walls that surrounded me. Why did this feel more like a prison than a safe place?

The truth was, I did not feel safe at all. Out in the open I could at least run away, but here, here I had to navigate through a labyrinth. How much longer could I stay here, before I went mad? No, I could not let those thoughts fester in me. It would mean the end.

I let out a little sigh as I tried to focus on the odd etchings scraped into the stones. They did not make sense to me, but maybe they were not supposed to. I wondered if the told a story or if they were just pretty markings to tell how life used to be.

"Used to be." The words escaped my mouth even before I realized I had them in my mind. Those were familiar words, spoken too rarely, but they kept their power over me. In that moment, I saw it, bright and clear. I was weak. I've become weak.

Weak from blindly following orders. Weak from never asking questions. Weak from..never letting myself feel. The lump in my throat did not move, even when I swallowed for the fourth time. My posture suffered at my try to accept the truth, but it was a feeble try. I lowered my eyes before I shut out the world and in the darkness, I found my resolution.

Never again will I be contained like a mad dog!
Never again will I be restrained!
Never again will I listen!
Never again will I love!
Never again!

OOC: So..this turned out to be more emotional then I thought, but hey, feel free to walk in and piss her off. Or make a new friend. Or whatever :)

Messages In This Thread
Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open] - by Quinn - 01-20-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open] - by Valhalia - 01-23-2014, 05:39 AM
RE: Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open] - by Quinn - 01-23-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open] - by Valhalia - 01-27-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open] - by Quinn - 01-28-2014, 02:51 AM