the Rift

[PRIVATE] Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

My mind is lost, trying to ignore the trapped feeling that occurs by staying in the caves, the claustrophobia. Instead of thinking about the darkness, the death and the fear that was tangible in the air, I think about the joy of life. I am alive, I am in a new land and have the opportunity for a new start. I am in a room that glows with the light of life, the bioluminescence that I wish I could emulate now. Instead I have to be satisfied with the light life casts on my coat. I sigh and lie still for a moment in the light. My body relaxes for the first time in ages, and a stillness grows in which I find comfort.

But it doesn't stay for long. Another sound returns to me, and though it is similar to the call I put out just moments ago, there is a deviation and I realize this echo is not an echo. "Um, hello?" I turn my crown to glance toward the sound, and find a winged equine looking over and down at me. It seems there may be a look of confusion on her face, seeing me rolling in the mushrooms. I must look quite silly, and suddenly I become self-conscious, quickly rising to my feet in the most graceful way I can manage, but I'm worried it wasn't that graceful either. -That's because you're fucking ridiculous and an embarrassment of an equine.- I bite back my retort. The last time I argued with her she gave me quite the talking to and a large migraine. My lobes fall slightly, hurt by Her comments. It's a wonder I don't have some sort of mental disability, a complex, from the things she says to me. I let out a sigh, distracted, and try to turn my attention back to the lady that has approached me. I force a smile back on my face. It's not that I do not want to be friendly, I do, but She is bringing me down and really hurting my feelings.

I shake out my mane and tail, trying to sort out the mislaid hairs rubbed the wrong way from rolling around. My smile slowly becomes more genuine as my soft voice finally spills from my lips. "Hi! I didn't think anyone heard my call. My name is Cashmere." My lobes have lifted and are cocked slightly, easy and cheerful. I am doing the best to tune out negativity swirling in my mind. Easier said than done, of course, but I am persistent and determined.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Cashmere - 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Cashmere - 01-24-2014, 01:31 PM