the Rift

[PRIVATE] Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The egg is entrancing, glowing with a soft, pulsing light. As my muzzle brushes over the delicate shell, I notice that it emanates warmth, as well. I raise my head, look around; there are no creatures in sight that would be capable of creating this beautiful, helpless creature. I lower my head again, blowing gently on it, hoping that its place in the mushrooms, nestled in the moss, has kept it warm enough. Somehow, I have determined that I am to be its caretaker, though it would be difficult to explain why. "I... I think it's an egg," I say to Cashmere, who has arrived by my side and seems as amazed as I am. "But nothing I know of lays eggs like this. And I don't think anything like that would live down here, anyway." I take a deep breath, then my knees fold as I pull the egg closer, cradling it against my chest. It is about the size of my muzzle, and seems to fit perfectly against my body. "I need to keep it warm. Then when it hatches, we'll know more."

My voice is more confident than my thoughts. Despite my new mindset of wanting to push forward and be successful, I am reminded of the failures of my time as a mother. One of my daughters was born dead. One of my daughters ran away. One of my daughters is now lost in the darkness. How much good can I actually do for this precious little egg? How can I possibly be a better mother for it than I was for my own flesh and blood? Maybe I should just leave it - maybe I should just watch until its own mother returns. But somehow, deep down, I know that its mother is gone. I know that this is no ordinary egg. As soon as I touched it, it became mine, and I became its surrogate mother, and there was nothing else to it. What have I gotten myself into?

"I... should take care of it. Right?" I look to Cashmere for confirmation, hopefulness on my features. Maybe she will tell me I have made the right call, that I will be a wonderful caregiver. Or maybe she'll think I'm crazy.

"Talk talk talk."
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Cashmere - 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Sohalia - 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM