the Rift

[PRIVATE] Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

I watch closely as the angelic painted mare drops to her knees on the softened ground, and draws the egg closer to her. I'm not sure what to make of it. It's an egg, sure, but what sort of egg looks like that? Normally I'd be excited for new life, but I can't be sure with this - it's so unnatural. Then again, I have a horn on my head. That's a little fantastical, too, I suppose. -We should crush it before it turns into some sort of demon. Like she said, who knows what created it.- The Voice hissed darkly at the egg, but I kept my mouth shut. It was an egg, surely whatever came out of it would be harmless, at least in infant stage. Like Sohalia, said, it would be better to wait and see what hatches from it. If it is a danger, we can kill it. If not, we should let it be. It's not right to hurt other creatures without a good reason. -Your face is a good enough reason for me.- She cackled loudly inside my head. I approach cautiously behind Sohalia, and drop softly to my belly. I crane my neck forward, and try to catch her eye to ask for permission. "May I touch it?" I motion with my muzzle. It seems even brighter now that I am down at eye level. I wonder silently what is inside. A type of bird or lizard? That would make sense for an egg. But in my gut I feel that it is neither of those. It is something I would never expect from an egg. And yet, I still have no idea. I can feel an aura of protectiveness radiating from the mare next to me, hence my request for permission to touch the hidden infant. Never, ever incur a mother's wrath. I learned that at an early age.

The vixen beside me looks over, a question in her eyes. To take care of it? To me, that was without a doubt. "Of course you should. We can't leave it all alone, unable to look after itself." I nod my head affirmatively. "I feel sure that you were meant to find this egg, and look out for it... at least until we can be sure of what it is." I hope that I am giving good advice. I'm not often asked, actually, but I'm telling her what I believe in my heart. And surely whatever I believe in my heart is the right answer?

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Cashmere - 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Cashmere - 02-11-2014, 11:38 PM