the Rift

[OPEN] Home away from home [welcome, Marco]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
I've traveled all this way for something

My droopy eyes flickered towards Africa; hearing the crisp sound dubbed confirmation. My last word was drawled out before then, but it had to be interrupted by the chilly oxygen entering and welcoming itself as a guest in my system. Her words meant well about a chance to finally rest up, but while my mind was filled with the utter truth of an even further distance from an old life, I had to chastise my behavior for yearning on past memories. It was best to start from scratch in the Throat of the Dragon, or something along the lines of the name given to the herd I had yet to meet in a crowd. My conscience! Don't stare bleakly now; I mean no troubles that I had burdened my dear friend with to be in vain.

I think my own words had decided to challenge me as my independent mindset swiftly pursued an answer I would have to live with. I heard the suggestion. A sight to see: comforting as Africa formed a space for any to be cradled within. A chill lingered within my growing form, and it pleaded with me, a desire to fill that space, literally. My body rocked forward as if to answer the suggestion with movement, but hesitation caught myself from leaning any further. Eventually, I couldn't wait any longer, and I approached slowly before my legs allowed me to sit on the floor. Lids squeezed shut. I wonder where I landed - a few inches away from the other horse. She radiated warmth. Surely I performed some odd behavior and to go with it; a goofy smile curving the line at my muzzle. Regardless, rest was overcoming any of my typical behavior, and an old pattern of politeness ruled again.

The petite ears attached to my skull flicked forward. I never had anyone ask about my life, but the herd - my old herd - shared an extremely similar schedule so there wasn't an ounce of excitement. Unless one were a story-teller; which I wasn't. To be honest, I wasn't sure where to begin! It would immediately morph into senseless ramblings. I fell into thought until my tongue cooperated with words, "Well..."

I began with this: I was from a land far away from this "foreign" one. Rarely I had met an equine with wings or a horn on top of their forehead, but they existed as my foal-hood friends boasted. They had claimed to have seen them before, but I was quick to judge since they had a knack for lying. I couldn't blame them as I lied myself. The whole fantasy about the paranormal was quick to be shushed. Normalcy was so common that it's existence became a nuisance to the other foals, and we often dreamed of another land. One by one, the lead stallion shooed us away as the second year began to approach for each and every one of us. I wasn't the last, no, but my closest herd mates left me with a sense of loneliness, and fear.

I was next soon enough. A lot of us had scattered in several directions in hopes to seek out another herd, but I wished I could "magically" find out how to check on them and see how their lives were. I imagined them enjoying their lives after the long-winded journey, but I never realized how tiring the journey was. I would love to add a twist to include various monsters, and the unusual case of seasons combining to conjure the perfect storm, but none of that actually happened (I promise I didn't include this in my ramblings to Africa). Rather, it was a really boring journey with dozens of trees and grasslands. If there were any monsters at all, I would claim I heard hooves hitting the earthen soil, and shadows passed behind wide trunks. Perhaps those were other equines like myself, but I needed some adventure as I passed onto a new territory.

I lost track of time, but I had hoped I didn't exceed a long hour of the sort. It was shorter than when I gave the story a novelization in my head, but I did hastily mumble in the middle. I think. If an equine could blush, I would be right now.

Time passed before my stiff neck rotated and the frontal area of my head pointed towards the newcomer. A paint with huge, white wings approached and I fumbled to find my dignity. The urge to behave politely was reacting again, and I didn't want to disappoint one familiar with Africa. A nod; I nodded back.
Words: 768
Tag(s): none
Comments: Whoops, late reply! I'll do my best to answer more hastily.
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Africa - 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM