the Rift

[OPEN] Home away from home [welcome, Marco]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
I've traveled all this way for something

Time. It was all about the time between conversing equines and sometimes a pause or hasty reply offered some evidence in behavior. Other times, it felt like an experiment on how much one's patience could run before its damp surface shriveled up. Sometimes silence was an appropriate answer to "reply" with to others. It all depended on the situation as I often chose the silent route unless address. Quite unusual! I was normally meddling into affairs with my boisterous voice, peeving the adults, as I was told in each mild scolding. Surprisingly, I had remain quiet beneath a sky where there was no apparent sight of the radiant light housed with the sky and its fluffy, cotton of clouds. Assumption placed blame upon the awe of the cave.

I craned my head to maintain eye contact when Africa's reply rang and ricocheted off rocky walls. The frown that etched itself on my face was habitual for the usual scolding for my bold behavior, but the expression was temporary as her reply was different than the one playing out in my mind. My thoughts fell upon the peculiar features all four creatures (yes, I include the Zephyr-birds) and the mention of wings. They all shared wings which reminded me of birds - Africa and Midas being the ones graced with over-sized bird ones attached to their body. Chestnut orbs gradually drifted towards my own shoulder blades where nothing fancy stood out besides sweat and dirt collected on my coat. Which, I doubt, were worthy of mesmerizing attention. In spite of a difference, it was a silly idea of comparing when I never appreciated that thought in the long run. After all, I wasn't suppose to be in need of a mother, but the compassion given to me made a sudden return.

I wondered then. The king queried over the idea of battle. The word filled itself with an ancient, energizing feeling within my breast. Would I make them proud if I join? Irises rose to notice a hint of a more fainter nod at my recent reply. Approving, hopefully.

The winged mother had yet to finish her words, and the words "Dragon's Throat" had pulled me back into a full-fledged attention upon her. Some embarrassment unfolded as I begun to realize I had referred to my herd's name with the wrong words. I cocked my head as I listened; hearing "soldier and sword." What would make a good soldier from a boy like me? As much as I wanted to question all the details, I was still lost upon the name's origin. Surely one teensy-weensy question couldn't hurt? "Why is it called Dragon's Throat?" I questioned innocently. More importantly, what was a dragon?

Silas's movement nearly frightened me with genuine surprise. He moved all too quickly for me to grasp what he was trying to do until he approached closer to his companion, and he pulled some sort of string - with Africa's help - off of her neck before it made a full appearance. I stared stupidly at the necklace, but at the same time, it was too pretty not to admire.

Pretty, I mused. Openly, I gaped at the description of an Earth Amulet. If magic truly existed like winged equines do then I must be asleep in my former land with a wild fantasy. I smiled in response to Africa's own; a little goofy in my trademark way, but it was mostly due to the shock of what had just happened. The shock wasn't enough to temporarily bind my eyesight to another world as a trust vision recalled the present: of tenderness in appointing the amulet its new owner, feeling the weight settle around my shoulders, it was there alright. I half-expected some sort of magical bind to indicate the new ownership, but I didn't feel anything exciting besides a tingly one all over.

There were many words which threatened to spill in a jumbled mess towards her. Many questions on why, and gratitude spoken in various ways. Yet none succeeded in escaping my jaw until I decided to experiment with my speech on another topic as I finally said, "King Midas did a beautiful job!"

Words: 695
Tag(s): none
Comments:
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Africa - 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM