the Rift

I'll Run Under the Moonlight

Midnight Rose Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OOC: This is my first post! I've read the FAQ and found out that I should post here so the admins can check my profile, etc.

Her muzzle foraged for grass beneath the fallen leaves. The sun peeked through the trees, but it was still cool and shady in the forest. And she was thankful for that. It was much hotter outside of Helovia.

Midnight Rose lifted her neck and perked her ears. A distant neigh rang out. She was thrown into a flashback.

"Hey, Rose!"

Midnight Rose pawed the ground. "That's not my name."

The chestnut colt shrugged. "Yeah, well, is it true you have zebra blood in you? Ha! A zebra!"

Before she could retort, a filly whinnied. "Got you, Nike!"

The colt turned back to her. "Hey, Midnight, wanna play-"

The rustling of leaves startled Midnight Rose out of her flashback. The scent of an unknown horse spooked the black filly; her nostrils flared and her eyes widened. She darted away, galloping until she realized she was lost. Again.

Oh, well, the filly thought cheerfully to herself, it wasn't as if I wasn't lost before, right? The forest has to end somewhere. And, besides, I have to finish my journey.

What was her journey, you wonder?

Midnight Rose was on a perilous, risk-taking journey to find her place in life.

And she had no idea where to go now.

Where to next? Heavenly Fields, maybe. But how much farther is it from here? The filly thought. I should've actually made a plan, before I left. . .

"Well, I've ought to meet a friendly horse here, so I might as well continue on," Midnight Rose muttered to herself.

Guilt prickled at her as she remembered her promise.

"Don't worry mother, I'll return. I'll run under the moonlight, with my shadow my only companion. I'll be where I belong."

'You certainly run fast," her mother remarked.

"I'll ride the wind home. The howling of the wolves will announce my arrival."

"You have a big imagination. And much ambition" was Moonshadow's reply.

"Good bye, Mother."

"I wish you the best of luck."

And with those words of encouraement, Midnight Rose turned her back and left, for the unknown.

I better. . .I better. . .

Messages In This Thread
I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Midnight Rose - 01-22-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Arrane - 01-23-2014, 03:55 AM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Abishia - 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Midnight Rose - 01-23-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Arrane - 01-24-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Abishia - 01-26-2014, 01:47 AM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Midnight Rose - 01-26-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Arrane - 01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Abishia - 02-01-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: I'll Run Under the Moonlight - by Midnight Rose - 02-03-2014, 07:49 PM