the Rift

[PRIVATE] Daughters Born In Secrets

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

It was quiet here, the silence echoed in her ears. Her hair spread around the cave, a tangle of silky waves. Golden orbs watched the light flicker against the back of the desolate cave. Surely she was not meant to die here, in these caves that supposedly offered her protection. The Basin would always be her home, but in the mean time the pregnant mare decided to remain silent and settle down in the safety of her cave. The time was near, her slender legs could no longer carry the weight of her swollen belly. The child was huge, it was almost unfair that Arah found herself still carrying. A dull pain radiated from within, and Arah quietly sucked in a breath. Was this the start of the labour? As the dull ache eased, the beauty exhaled with it. Then she waited, silently counting in her head. The pain returned ever so slightly stronger than before. Nerves fluttered within her, there was never a pretty tale to be heard about labour. And so hers had begun...already she wanted it to be older.

As the pain grew Arah panted, groaned and softly whined in her secluded cave. Get it out...get it out. Her thoughts mashed together in the heat of pain, but she could not think rationally. All the antlered and crowned beauty knew was that she wanted to hold the babe, not continue in the painful labour. Her teeth gnashed together as another contraction ripped through her body, but this one was different. Now she felt the desire to push. A short cry before The Impersonator began to push. Her breath ran out, but the push laster longer. She exhaled and waited, then she pushed again. This continued until finally she felt some relief and the life that she had grown was expelled from her body. "Oh my sweet child...My darling." Her voice is weak, rough from the labour. Knowing that she has to raise and see her child, make sure nothing is wrong, Arah tires to find her hooves. Trying to raise another spasm of pain rockets through her body. "It can't be..." a whispered doubt.

Panic. Sheer bloody panic. Arah needs to rise and see the life that she had just birthed. She needs to make sure that the little dove is alive and well. Instead the mare is panting, wanting to die, as she begins to climb the hill again. If she was able to think rationally, everything would be much clearer. Why she was so big, why she was so weak...but no. All Arah could do was worry about her already born baby and the second one that she was trying to deliver. As the second life leaves her body, blackness begins seeping into the mare's eyes. Blinking won't get rid of the death that she can see but she will not die yet. She has to see the little doves. It is a struggle to rise, her legs buckle and collapse from underneath her many times. They shake as they struggle to hold her weight. She makes it however, once her legs are holding steady Arah turns and looks upon the doves that lay on the ground below her.

A cough escapes from the lips of the newest babe, but the mother is in shock. They are perfect. Moving closer she inspects the first one, a girl. Her coat is dark, shining in the dim light. "More like Crowley...My baby girl. Asch." The name comes to her lips, yet it is perfect. Now her eyes move to the second child. "My little monster." Chuckling Arah looks over the second child, another girl. This one is grey with flecks of gold, on her rump and back. "Arwen." She doesn't realise the tears of joy that stream down her checks, the tears of a new mother.

"Abraham took Isaac's hand
And led him to the lonesome hill
While his daughter hid and watched
She dared not breathe; she was so still

Just as an angel cried for the slaughter
Abraham's daughter raised her voice

Then the angel asked her what her name was
She said, "I have none"
Then he asked, "How can this be?"
"My father never gave me one"

And when they saw her raised for the slaughter
Abraham's daughter raised her bow
"How darest you, child, defy your father?"
"You better let young Isaac go."

Her voice ends the silence, she cleans each babe gently and urges them to stand. They need to be strong, they have been born into a difficult time. Her two perfect daughters. The babes are so different from each other, but Arah felt nothing but love for each of them. The Moon and the Sun are as different as two objects can be. Yet they chase each other around the sky, their love is pure and nothing will stop them from trying to be together.

"You're going to be inseparable." Her grey forehead presses against Asch's tummy, urging the eldest girl to stand. Next she moves onto Arwen's tummy, gently urging the younger one to rise.

" "
Trying to keep it decent for younger audiences. xD
852 words.
@[Rhiannon] | @[Crowley]

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Daughters Born In Secrets - by Arah - 01-23-2014, 05:16 AM
RE: Daughters Born In Secrets - by Arwen - 01-23-2014, 07:37 AM
RE: Daughters Born In Secrets - by Crowley - 01-24-2014, 07:48 AM
RE: Daughters Born In Secrets - by Asch - 01-25-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Daughters Born In Secrets - by Arah - 01-25-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Daughters Born In Secrets - by Crowley - 01-27-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: Daughters Born In Secrets - by Lena - 02-01-2014, 05:42 PM