the Rift

[OPEN] Barriers of Communication [Hieroglyphs]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

The lady's rudeness does not deter the newcomer; instead, she seems to be unaware that Cealestis even noticed her. The prince only shrugs, used to a stricter hierarchy than was followed in Helovia. Where he comes from, most nobles held themselves in the highest esteem and would not be caught dead conversing with a commoner, fearing the scandal it would cause. As the crown prince, he hadn't had to worry about that - his father had insisted that all of his future people were important, and he found the city mares much easier to woo. They all wanted to brag that they had bagged themselves a prince, whereas the well-bred women (who, in truth, he found much more appealing, if only because of the chase they provided) were proper and chaste. He visited the city to see the easy faes; he came home to woo his future mate. Such was the way of his world, and they had all known it. It didn't matter now, anyway - he had never found a potential mate that had held his interest, much to his mother's dismay, and his caste was of no importance now that those who would have crowned him were dead.

The newcomer - Tangere, he finally found out - is transfixed with the cave walls, insisting, to Quilyan's amusement, that they transcribe the ruins. He cocks his head to the side, regarding her with interest. Does she not realize the time that would take? But it is Cealestis who is the first to reply, her distaste less apparent. She details the process they must follow, and he nods, interest lighting his gaze. This time, should she look his way, she will not see lust in his violent gaze, nor even flirtation; she will see only the desire to speak once more to a like-minded individual of proper upbringing, a passion for the work that they must do. He was never a scholar at home, it's true, but here - here everything is different, and he misses that which he had always taken for granted. "It is as m'lady says," he tells Tangere kindly. "A long process, to be sure, but not particularly difficult once started."

Cealestis asks him another question, and he is more than happy to answer, his enthusiasm lending an added warmth to his vocals. "Yes, m'lady. The markings there are more hieroglyphic, more pictorial than these. They were done in older styles, I believe, relying on sizing to mark importance. There are images, large ones, as big as my head at the top depicting the gods, as well as I can tell; as your gaze goes down the wall, the images get smaller, showing their decreasing importance. It shows the gods, the land, and then the inhabitants, the order in which I assume they came to Helovia. I would hazard a guess that the runes in this room came later and are more advanced. Instead of using detailed images, they started to come up with symbols. Some are straightforward, like the sun, but some are more difficult to decipher, as one would assume as a population grew more and more superior. Frankly, I'm surprised that the language died out, if it were started and developing this way. Perhaps, if we could find a Helovian native... but alas, those I have come across traveled from distant lands. From where do you hail, Tangere? Do you know of any born in these lands?"

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barriers of Communication [Hieroglyphs] - by Quilyan - 03-10-2014, 01:40 AM