the Rift

You can keep me company (Open)

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
M O N I Z

Fuck this. The muddy ground sloshed and sucked unpleasantly against Moniz’s cupped hooves. Her dark coat was thickening as the temperatures had begun sinking, and now the longer hairs were matting into ugly clumps. She had traveled all her life, but the monotony of solitary existence bored her. There was a certain romance others always attatched to a life of wanderlust, but it failed to allure this pony. There was nothing mysterious about it. It was dull.

It was late afternoon, and the light filtering through the tree tops had faded from the white-gray overcast of high noon to the dark-gray overcast of almost sunset. The trail Moniz had followed was well worn, and the smells assaulting her nostrils made it abundantly clear that she would find some company here soon enough. Poor bastards.

Beholden to no one and with nothing of great interest to do, Moniz dragged her thick body to a halt. Her small, black-tipped ears flicked back disinterestedly and she cocked a hind leg, swishing her tail with idle irritation. She knew the drill when it came to entering new lands: find the meeting grounds, catch someone’s interest, banter and get out. It was a formality, and not one Moniz had a great deal of patience for, but she knew that if she wanted to end the terrible boredom of being her own sole source of amusement, it would be necessary.

She sighed, already weary with the process before it had begun. "Come and find me, then." She spoke clearly into the darkness of the woods surrounding her, her voice an unamused monotone. "I don’t bite." Not with teeth, at least.

--------------------

OOC: *waves* I'm Vail, and I'm a new kid here. Unlike Moniz, I actually really don't bite. I'll get brave and chat in the cbox soon, but if you want to talk to me about anything please feel free to send a message. I was on Isilme back in the day so some of you might know me from there. :)

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn't accidentally tell you that
I'm only happy when it rains

Messages In This Thread
You can keep me company (Open) - by Moniz - 01-23-2014, 07:04 PM
RE: You can keep me company (Open) - by Abishia - 01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: You can keep me company (Open) - by Moniz - 01-24-2014, 07:48 AM