the Rift

[PRIVATE] built for sin [Lakota :: Archibald]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Finally, the screams stop, and Lakota wants to cry with relief. The screams had been awful, shredding her apart from the inside, a reminder of how she had failed. But had she? Ktulu was healing, after all. That's all that mattered. All that ever would, honestly. She wasn't really sure if she wanted to ask Aodaun to help her to the edge, didn't want to see the transformation sure to be taking place. The skin knitting itself back together...Lakota had seen and done a lot of bad shit in her life. Killed and maimed in every possible way. Foals and newborns and yearlings alike. But seeing her loved one messily repaired...she wasn't sure she could stomach that. Maybe she was weak after all.

But if being weak meant seeing that disheveled, soaked head of ivory and cherry peer above the rim at her, bewildered and lost...then she'd take being weak any day. Her name was being called, softly, and Lakota made a soft sound in return. What was she supposed to actually say? "Yeah, I'm here"? It didn't take long for Ktulu to get her bearings, apparently, as she clambered out of the water. Lakota watched her, unable apparently to determine where Lakota was despite being practically right in front of her. Instead she lay against Aodaun, her blood turning his pale fur crimson as it staunched and clotted the blood as she leaned against him.

And then she was seen. A soft, relieved sigh escaped her throat and she gave a weak smile. "All fixed up and pretty again," she croaked softly, smile never wavering. Aodaun growled softly at the command to show he'd understood, standing hesitantly. Lakota was leaning so heavily on him, clearly relying on his presence being there to even remain sitting up. But as Ktulu knelt and replaced him, he turned, his entire side drenched in his bonded's blood as he fled the cavern on soft paws to find a healer.

Lakota, meanwhile, was practically numb to all pain as her beloved lay beside her. She crooned happily and turned to press her cheek to Ktulu's newly healed chest. The beating of her heart was soft and steady, a comforting sound. She was really back. Safe beside her. Nothing could possibly make her happier than this. "It doesn't matter, it wasn't you," she murmured, wincing and giving soft sounds of pain as she wriggled closer to her Constrictor. "I'll be fine. I'd do it a thousand times over if it meant you were safe with me." Such an easy confession to make, tucked against the warmth of her lover, finally rightfully returned to her. Everything was finally right in the world.

Apologies slipped from Ktulu's tongue repeatedly, and Lakota crooned softly to shush her, shaking her head idly against the other mare's chest. "Don't be sorry. Like I said-" she paused to wince, a soft whine of pain escaping her lips as she seized up, shuddering, before relaxing all at once. Limp against her, trying to ease the pain. At least the water from Ktulu's mane was soothing, to an extent, even if the powers of healing did not extend to such meaningless wounds as hers. "Just...stay. I'm really tired. I just want you to stay." Her words were slowly becoming mumbled, slow and syrupy. Her eyes were heavy, tongue thick, but all she could do was smile as she rested against her beloved. This was all she needed.

Chunga-Stock

Messages In This Thread
built for sin [Lakota :: Archibald] - by Ktulu - 01-24-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: built for sin [Lakota :: Archibald] - by Lakota - 02-16-2014, 11:20 PM