the Rift

[PRIVATE] built for sin [Lakota :: Archibald]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

It had been Eytan who had convinced him to move from his dark little cranny, the stressed form of the grizzly ambling up to him with wide, panicked caramel eyes. A deep, worrisome sound spilled forth from the bear's maw, something that Apollo could only describe as both a growl and a whimper. Could bears even whimper? The thought was cut short as Eytan ambled forward as Apollo pushed himself to his full height and feeling the brown grizzly press his forehead to the stallion's knee.

"Eytan... What's the matter? What happened? Is it Kota?"

Of course, Eytan could provide no vocal answer, but Apollo wasn't a fool. He had been around Ktulu's bonded long enough to know that something was amiss, and he shouldn't turn a blind eye towards it. The bear's whining, panting breaths were evidence of that alone. A cold, freezing hand had since gripped his heart, a worry that blossomed since seeing Eytan's panicked face. ... Was it Ktulu?

Lakota had said that Ktulu had become one of them, the grossly disfigured once-equine's who had now wandered Helovia's topside. He had not seen her, the dark mistress who had stolen his heart and mind, but he could still remember Lakota's terror upon their reunion. Apollo's eyes slid shut as a heart-wrenching breath escaped him. Yes... Since coming here, to the Sanctuary and losing the presence that was Ktulu, Apollo had realized that his feelings for her had woven much deeper in his heart than friendship. It had been something that he had realized much too late...

"Take me there, Eytan," the Merciful breathed, soulful, honey-brown eyes lingering on the brown grizzly, "Show me what's going on."

Once more, Apollo didn't know if Eytan even understood a word that spilled from his lips. The grizzly, however, turned on his haunches and promptly ambled back towards the direction that he had come, and Apollo began to follow. His hooves created a lonely, echoing staccato upon the earth, and his eyes roamed the familiar curvatures of the twists and turns, but never did he lose sight of Eytan. What could be waiting for them? What could have Eytan, normally so calm, riled and panicked like he was? Fear once more bubbled beneath inside his breast, but Apollo pressed on.

As they progressed, a sickly familiar smell began to waft from somewhere ahead, metallic and not unlike copper, and the overo had smelled such an odor enough in his life to know what it was. Blood. And a lot of it. Sucking in a shuddering breath, Apollo's eyes darted to and fro as he followed Eytan quickly through the twisting and curving system of caves, and finally they came to another room. The stench of blood was the strongest, so much so that it caused Apollo to snort, but hesitantly he stepped inside, gaze roaming the high stone roofs and the pool of water, but what truly caught his eye was the crumpled forms of two familiar creatures nestled beside the water's edge.

There was Lakota, beautiful and proud Lakota, collapsed and bleeding and looking to be in so much pain... And then Ktulu, familiar and just as beautiful and Apollo's breath was nearly stolen straight out of his lungs. Eytan quickly departed from Apollo's side and hurried to Ktulu and Lakota, and for a stupid, dumbfounded moment, all the Merciful could do was stare at the two mares.

"Ktulu...?" Hesitantly, as if he was afraid of intruding, but driven by both love, passion, and worry, Apollo stepped forward and even further into the room. The terror was written plain upon his face, pinching his eyes and features, and his gaze kept darting between the soaked Ktulu and a bleeding Lakota. "You... You're here? You're okay? Wh-what happened to Lakota?"

Once, Apollo could say he was a medic. Once, he could say he was a Chief... But right now, he felt like nothing but a tiny colt thrust into a terrifying situation.

[ooc: Sorry for the bad post. :/ I'm getting back into the groove of things. But Apollo's here to help and heal! :D]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
built for sin [Lakota :: Archibald] - by Ktulu - 01-24-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: built for sin [Lakota :: Archibald] - by Apollo - 02-19-2014, 10:12 AM