the Rift

[OPEN] A Lack of Color

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Once thought alone, I was proved wrong by the warning shout of somebody to look out.

Startled, I clambered to get away and replace myself further from the slippery mouth of the cave, momentarily forgetting the pain of my leg until weight was placed on it. With a sharp hiss I jerked it up, hobbling out of the way just in time to avoid the bulky body of the incoming stallion. Though my own pain was still very much prominent in the way that it pulsed and whined at me like a babe in need of care, my worry had turned to that of the other, who had not fallen as I had, but managed to smack into the wall.

"Oh my gosh," the words left my mouth almost instantly, and I stubbornly hobbled a little closer to him, trying desperately to keep most of if not all of my weight off of the injured foreleg, nearly stumbling to the ground more than once. My eyes wandered over the bay, finding nothing amiss other than the way he stood and panted, surely in pain, but I couldn't tell by reading his face. The stranger soon mustered a smile, to which I returned, worry still clear in my expression. "Are you alright, sir?"

The other stallion, whom easily towers over me even at a distance, proclaims that I will not die and that we'll be able to find a healer. Deep down I knew that death was certainly a possibility if I didn't tend to it quickly, but the adrenaline of the initial fall and now the concern for this stranger seemed to keep that thought at bay, even if I had just shouted it seconds before. The paint tells me his name, Dragomir, and I flash him a terse smile.

"Finn," I say in response with a quick nod of my own, watching as Dragomir pulls himself away from the wall and favors his front right. My chest bustled in even more worry for him, and remembering the mention of a healer, I exhaled a gentle breath. "I can walk," came my assurance as I lifted my gaze up to his own, not only to him but to myself as well, "Do you know if any reside within this cave? I am new here, so you must forgive me, I... really haven't a clue where I even am."

As last word left my mouth, another voice sounds from behind. I give a slight start, but keep my feet planted and only turn my head to regard who else had joined us. She is of a strange dun coloration unlike any I'd seen before, and as she speaks to Dragomir, I remember my manners and carefully turn to face the lady with kind eyes. From what I could tell, she was scared, but of what, I didn't know. For now I remained quiet, allowing the two to speak.

[So sorry for the wait lovies! <3]

"talk"
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
A Lack of Color - by Finn - 01-25-2014, 06:28 AM
RE: A Lack of Color - by Dragomir - 01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: A Lack of Color - by Resplendence - 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: A Lack of Color - by Finn - 02-04-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: A Lack of Color - by Dragomir - 02-06-2014, 12:07 PM