the Rift

[OPEN] bringing on the light

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I just stood there, my body taken over by the silent surroundings. I found myself staring into a complete void. There was nothing around me, all was pitch black. Then it faded. I saw my precious home go down in flames and screeches of painful murder echo through the dark air. I also saw myself running, running from the shadows and flames that were now swallowing my dear shelter. The kingdom fell and busted into a bunch of crumbs, sending dust flying and horses running in complete blindness. They all ran past me, not even taking a look at me. ”Do they not see me?” I wondered to myself but then all my attention turned back to my own flailing body, my younger self. I was running from the flames, but why? ”Turn back! Go back there and fight for your only home you stupid fool!” And although my thoughts were full of determination, I knew there was no way I would be able to fight off the shadows that took over Isilme.

As the dust and smoke came to take over my own ghostly body, my vision turned back to the present. The blue mushrooms were once again divine and sparkling with effect, the river flowed again with pureness, and the green grass was lush as ever. I looked nowhere with dewy eyes, but as I noticed I was being watched again by the mare, my dome shook and I smiled at her, trying to hide away my sorrow feelings. I listened to her mouth speak about her friends and how they were attacked by the ugly residents that found themselves comfy in Helovia. “You’ll find them, or they’ll find you. Most of them that have been dipped in this disease come back to find their loved ones, but you’ll have to cure them before they expose you to it.” I had seen it done before and there had been some unlucky ones that had been infected if they got too close, but then again, this mare had wings. She could fly above and heal from there if she had the will-power to do it.

My hackles rose as she began to talk about Isilme and how she hadn’t seen what had been put in front of her. “You’ll have no luck finding it now… It’s gone.” I growled lowly but tried to keep my nerve controlled, I had longed for company for some time and now that it was here, I didn’t want to scare it away. I walked over to the stream slowly, hoping she would follow. My throat was thick with drought and I needed some nice, cool water to wetter it up a bit before I became dehydrated.

I walked to the edge where it was rather mucky, but really I didn’t care and it actually felt pretty good since I had been walking on the hard cave floor. I bent my neck and slowly put my muzzle to the water. They quivered as they came in contact with the freezing water but I didn’t waste a second to get a drink. I drank, and drank, and drank, until I finally thought I was done, but then I took another sip. After that, well, I felt drunk. Everything was really blurry. I never thought water could get you drunk, but then again, when I looked back at the water, it was sparkling! Water – doesn’t – sparkle!

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
bringing on the light - by Alysanne - 01-25-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: bringing on the light - by Hellä - 01-26-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: bringing on the light - by Alysanne - 01-29-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: bringing on the light - by Hellä - 02-01-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: bringing on the light - by Alysanne - 02-02-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: bringing on the light - by Hellä - 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: bringing on the light - by Alysanne - 03-19-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: bringing on the light - by Hellä - 04-06-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: bringing on the light - by Alysanne - 05-03-2014, 02:27 PM