the Rift

[OPEN] the MONSTER under my b e d

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

october</style>
if blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intend.        </style>
image by Csutkaa @ flickr.com</style>

A sensation prickles alone my spine. The kind you get when someone's nearby, when someone's watching but not revealing. I'm already dripping sweat with exhaustion, but this feeling causes a cold shill to ransack my body, which is mildly enjoyable given my overheated muscles. I'm intrigued regardless, and after such a constant state of fear I now feel joyously numb.

Grunting I turn, trying to flip myself over so that I can stare out oft he cave rather than down into its falsely lit caverns where voices drift up and echo off the walls. It is perhaps a mistake, because just as my orange gaze slithers to the outside world a momentous head of a wolf is there. I am frozen in place, that same chill seeming to fill me up with ice as I watch a face so large it could cleave me in two loom just a few whiskers away from me. The guttural hatred that pours from the beast shakes me visibly, though it is not all together unpleasant.
In that instant I see my father, my king, my god, in the folds of that fur and fangs. It softens me, my heart oozing into my throat, bulging against the back of my tongue so that my words are slurred. "I see you, wolf."
Then the creature is gone in a flash of black and red. From my sideways view I did not notice at first, and the large wolf head certainly threw me off, but I knew that boy's ass as he fled. My son.

"Don't go!" I call out to him, that panic beginning to return as I struggled to rise but found myself unable to.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
the MONSTER under my b e d - by October - 01-26-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Öde - 01-26-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by October - 01-26-2014, 02:32 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Öde - 01-26-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by October - 01-26-2014, 02:49 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Öde - 01-26-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Random Event - 01-26-2014, 02:41 PM