the Rift

[OPEN] the MONSTER under my b e d

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

october</style>
if blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intend.        </style>
image by Csutkaa @ flickr.com</style>

For a moment there was nothing and I feared he had gone. I cursed the weakness of my body, nothing but a shell of meat keeping in my thoughts and my soul - why must it be so fragile? Yet he spoke, casting aside the snarl that I'd seen just moments ago. So like Oblivion, his moods rising and falling, and me, well I'd fall for it every time. I was desperate for the child's voice and the colt's love that I could hear now.

"Don't go!" he returned, and I wondered for a moment if he could only mimic. Yet the next words, albeit the same, left his mouth in a greater urgency, a greater need. It awoke my instincts and with more vigor I struggled now, wanting to go to my baby, my baby...my baby! He was nearly shrieking now, his words piercing my ears as they had done when we thundered down the snow, blackness nipping at our heels. He fell, I remembered that he fell, but he would get back up! He fell all the time playing, what was so different then.

What was so different now? He was my boy still. MY BOY!

"I'M SORRY!" I shrieked, lunging to my hooves and being caught by the arch of the cave's opening wall. I was out of breath already, so I stayed there, my body wracked with dry heaves as I tried to remember what it was to cry. "I'm sorry," I whispered, orange eyes darting around the dark beyond. "But look at you now my dark prince. You are a thing of beauty." And he was, he truly was. The elegant line of the wold's head stirred a passion within me that I'd only felt in my dreams for the past years, but now he was here and real and magnificent.

I want to go to him. I want to feel him.
I slump away from the wall, unsteadily pouring out of the opening and back into the Heart.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
the MONSTER under my b e d - by October - 01-26-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Öde - 01-26-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by October - 01-26-2014, 02:32 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Öde - 01-26-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by October - 01-26-2014, 02:49 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Öde - 01-26-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: the MONSTER under my b e d - by Random Event - 01-26-2014, 02:41 PM