the Rift

[OPEN] sparks fly

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars

I listen to the saddened mare but cannot think of any comforting words. My heart doesn’t belong in this land. I cannot grieve over something that means nothing to me. Not long after the first mare speaks comes another. “The only person you’re fooling is yourself. Embrace the heartache.” My tones have softened and I try to give sympathy towards both of these creatures. In a way we are similar. For just as their heart yearns for the land they once knew, I yearn for the same.

The first mare that I spoke to went towards the other one and spoke with her. Unlike her I keep my distance. I almost feel as though I am intruding upon something intimate and deep. One had claimed they were strangers, but they at least had a mutual sorrow. A sigh passes from my lips and I step towards the mares, but I still stand a few feet away from them. Words swirl about in my mind but I can piece them together into sentences. Part of me is tempted to let his other mare offer condolences and just move abut on my way. I am beginning to prefer to observe the lives of mortals not get myself involved.

“I am Lee. There is little I can do for you friend other than be a listening ear,” I say softly and there is emotion creeping onto my faces. The stonewall mask breaks and I let myself give into the soft expression that has wanted to break through since stepping near the first figure.

"blah blah blah"
image credit

Messages In This Thread
sparks fly - by Azulee - 01-29-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: sparks fly - by Hamaliel - 02-01-2014, 04:46 AM
RE: sparks fly - by Ampere - 02-02-2014, 02:27 AM
RE: sparks fly - by Azulee - 02-05-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: sparks fly - by Hamaliel - 02-20-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: sparks fly - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: sparks fly - by Azulee - 03-06-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: sparks fly - by Hamaliel - 03-11-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: sparks fly - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 09:49 PM