the Rift

[OPEN] Feed me, Seymour [Africa]

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The sensations of her meal had fully consumed Moniz. Perhaps a smarter mare could split her attention more wisely, studying their surroundings between mouthfuls or keeping their ears in vigilant motion. But Moniz ate with gusto, utterly unencumbered by any distraction. The noises of her indelicate mastication echoed lustily throughout the cavern. Half-chewed leftovers that had spilled from her overstuffed mouth littered the phosphorescent floor, clearly demarcating the path that had brought her steadily, unwittingly closer to the shadows.

Most equines eat for fairly simple reasons: they require nutrients, they must restore their energy and health, or they enjoy socializing and grazing with others. Generally, they eat because they need to for whatever reason. Moniz approached food differently. She ate out of indulgence, with no regard for necessity. If she was not actively occupied by some other task, she could be found mindlessly eating., carelessly adding on to the stores of fat that already lined her short frame.

Moniz was chewing away, deciding whether to stretch for another flower or sample the moss underfoot, when she found her satiated reverie shattered by a loud snort and subsequent question. Irked by the interruption, her small black-tipped ears turned unhappily back towards her thick neck, and an exasperated sigh squeezed out from her lungs with what seemed to be tremendous effort.
“Nosy?” She sneered petulantly back at the stranger. As she spoke, the blue-green blood of crushed plant matter fell disgustingly from her open mouth, landing on the plush floor with a wet splat. Moniz appeared to take no notice.

Between her dark cloak and the wall’s long shadows, this other mare remained largely obscured: all Moniz could clearly make out in her current food-induced stupor was an attractive dappled gray head and neck and a pair of jonquil eyes that caught the soft subterranean light. She remained oblivious to the quiet companion perched towards the dappled mare’s tail; the aftereffects of gorging herself had left her groggy and none too observant. The pony had unknowingly stumbled close enough to the other to see she was at a substantial height disadvantage, but this was nothing particularly unusual for the short mare: now in her seventh year, she was thoroughly accustomed to being the short one. What she lacked in vertical height, she had gained in horizontal width thanks to her eating habits. She had learned to see her shorter stature as a unique advantage: between it and her female gender, she often found herself underestimated and overlooked, leaving her in a position from which manipulation was far too easy for one whose wits moved at such a lackadaisical pace.

Now that the frantic rush of her eating had been slowed, Moniz could not easily resume her consumption. She finished swallowing what food was left in her mouth with disappointment, glaring bitterly at the other mare through the curtains made of shadow. After one final gulp, she snarled nastily,
“So, may I know the name of the mare who ruined my meal?” She lifted her head defiantly, bringing her squat legs squarely underneath her.

Messages In This Thread
Feed me, Seymour [Africa] - by Moniz - 01-26-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: Feed me, Seymour [Fig] - by Africa - 02-02-2014, 02:47 AM
RE: Feed me, Seymour [Africa] - by Moniz - 02-03-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Feed me, Seymour [Africa] - by Africa - 02-07-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: Feed me, Seymour [Africa] - by Moniz - 02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: Feed me, Seymour [Africa] - by Africa - 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Feed me, Seymour [Africa] - by Moniz - 02-16-2014, 06:13 PM