the Rift

Cold burns too [Kri, any]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

They seem so angelic, these fillies with coats of white. However, there is a much darker glint to their eyes than their initial appearance would let on. My resolve has not changed, though, for I was determined to have their little wolves in sheep's clothing help keep a watchful eye on my neighbors. I did not think that it would be an easy feat, but I was never one to shy away from a challenge.

My own personal glint of fire takes light in my dark, deep eyes. Let the games begin.

I note with a tad bit of amusement that the one who introduces herself as Olema is the leader of the duo, though the more aggressive Surema would perhaps fool others into believing her in charge. I feel the protective love that the white filly holds for her sister, but it does not override the cunning superiority of the other, with a cool yet respectful expression on her face. Whether she actually respected me or not was uncertain, but I highly doubted it. These girls, living on their own for so long, were obviously not to be easily impressed upon.

My face becomes thoughtful with Olema's question, and I peer at their wings with slight amusement. Wings. It was true that I felt more comfortable with my winged kin, but their wings had not brought the twins to my attention. That honor belonged to a pegasus much closer to my own heart - Onni. "My daughter, Onni, spoke of you," I say, with a blunt, masculine voice. "She was quite worried you had not managed to escape from Isilme. That is just her way." I smile slightly to myself, speaking so familiarly of the girl who was not here, now, to see her former herdmates are prisoners of our own. She would be happy to see their faces, but would ultimately disapprove of my methods. Onni would never say it out loud, but she often disapproved of my methods.

"To have made it out alone is quite a feat," I continue my explanation to them, dead eyes and cold hearts, wrapped in delicate sheets of white. "That is what piqued my interest in asking you: cunning and capable, if not at least lucky."

The question posed to me is one that is fair, I suppose. Yet, this girl, so smart, is also foolish. Living the life of an outcast is difficult, and that I knew better than these half grown babes. There would come a day when the wear of the world would tug on their shoulders, or bad luck strike them, and without the support of a herd or a home they would fall. Still, this would likely not persuade them still. "I have nothing but a home and a heart to offer you, but I am able bodied and strong minded."

"To be my friend is to be protected."
""

Messages In This Thread
Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Kri - 08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 08-19-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Kri - 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Kri - 08-30-2012, 07:59 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM