the Rift

Cold burns too [Kri, any]

Olema Surema Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I am unprepared for the response that Kri delivers. Both of us startle a bit, our heads rising, our eyes clearing and our ears lifting, now truly intrigued. "Onni," we both repeat in unison, blue eyes glancing briefly at each other before settling back on Kri. We did not know the painted girl very well, and we were rather young back then, but she had been a very kind herd mate. Not that kindness does much to win anyone favor in our eyes, but with her it is hard to dislike her, to play any mean games on her. That and we'd truly thought everyone in our past had died or just, gone. To know she still lives and here of all places, brings a soft smile to both our lips. There is a certain connection we cannot escape from when someone so genuinely true is linked to our past.

Kri has gained validation. We both feel it. Surema lets me know with a shift of her wings, and my ribs bow kindly in her direction in response. Her anger has dissipated and in its wake her mind is a placid lake of cool ice. She is more herself and I am grateful for it. Welcomingly I lean against her, letting some of the burden of this interaction weigh on her as well. I don't have to be singularly strong any more, we're in this together again, as one. My nightingale...

Kri is flattering, and we nod in turn, but we don't accept it for more than it is. We don't need her telling us we're strong and capable, we already know that much. I can still sense Surema is reluctant to sign any sort of deal, but I appreciate see the value of what Kri offers us, and I know Surema does as well. She struggles constantly with the need to protect me. If either of us are ever heavily wounded, we would have no healer, no shelter, no safety. With neither of us being warriors, we would likely pass away like ghosts, lost in the outside world and missed by none. True enough we will be more likely to get injured by working beneath Kri, but I like the idea of having her affairs under our eyes, and her resources at our disposal.

I bump my nose against Surema. We exchange warm breath, whisker tickles and velvet strokes before both our eyes jump back up to Kri. Together, we speak, "We accept." Surema takes control now, eyeing the leader calmly. She will enjoy this game once we get started, of that I have no doubt. "How shall we retain this relationship in a discreet manner? What specifics are you interested in learning?"

[We can wrap this up here if you want and just handle the rest OOCly primarily. I was thinking perhaps if they ever do meet it wouldn't be in the herd, or maybe just herd borders in cover of darkness or something, or disguised as a herdmember :D and figuring maybe via pm if you had any specific targets or ideas for this? Otherwise I'll just have start to better their magic and begin gleaning info from the herds.]

Messages In This Thread
Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Kri - 08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 08-19-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Kri - 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Kri - 08-30-2012, 07:59 PM
RE: Cold burns too [Kri, any] - by Olema Surema - 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM