the Rift

[OPEN] save my soul

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

There seemed to be no difference now between the shroud of night’s blanket, and the suffocating darkness which had come to rest as a perpetual cloud of festering illness upon all that had been familiar. Hector stood at the mouth of the cavern on duty; his regular shift, though as time passed by he could not tell any longer which it had become. Originally it had been through the evening, while eyes were weakened by a colourless moon and Veci’s invisible patrols could watch more vigilantly than even the most adapted cave-crawlers among them. The Boggart could not be seen by any other; he was a whisper of wind, a vaporous mist… the fears haunting feeble minds.

Waiting ears grasped the strange sound of another; a sickening cackle of laugher purged from the half rotten throat of a ghoul, and swiftly was given to him the image of the creature who had uttered it. ‘…a wraith’… the voice of his conscience breathed, and a filtering through his minds was the vague impression of a disintegrating monster; flesh falling from her corpse by the second. Veci swam silently around the wraith, unnoticed and untouchable, relaying shafts of hideous information that turned the stomach of his bonded.

The blood curdling voice spilt down through the Heart’s fissure, and resonated wild arrogance as it waltzed down through the stone corridor. Without hesitation the orange soldier bellowed his reply, calling forth those forming the resistance from the depths of their Sanctuary. "SPEARS! To the surface!" The clatter of roused movement rose to smother the lingering stain of the monster’s tongue, and Hector sprang from his shelter at once; heavy round hooves clashing violently with the hard-packed clay coating the Heart. The drum of assembling bodies erupted into the open, and the tri-bred’s blazing gaze hunted for the grim figure Veci had revealed.

'Here!'

Flaming tendrils of golden-red swirled violently as the giant swivelled towards the inaudible tune of his partner, though he could not see well there, huddled beneath its pillowing cloud of filth, the revolting horse; one ear lost, skin peeling away from sunken, manic eyes and brushed the same hue as its master. Hector knew the creature’s capacity to infect, but not so well its ability to repel attacks. Summoning the Boggart’s power through the tight bind of their minds, the stallion called urgently, "now Veci!"

The spectre slipped swiftly towards the wraith’s putrid face, angling his streaming body towards gaping, grim nostrils- with luck, he could draw all air from its spluttering lungs; suffocate it for a time long enough for the Spears gathering to overwhelm it.

Note: Veci is trying to use suffocate on the wraith, so that the army can overpower it.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Messages In This Thread
save my soul - by Micha - 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: save my soul - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: save my soul - by Micha - 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: save my soul - by Random Event - 01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: save my soul - by Oxy - 01-31-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: save my soul - by Midas - 02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: save my soul - by Micha - 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 02-06-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: save my soul - by Oxy - 02-10-2014, 09:34 PM