the Rift

[OPEN] save my soul

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Perhaps the pounding which had filled his ears with boldness and with hope, had been only the surging gush of his own pulse as it drowned the clarity of a soldier’s mind- for some time he stood his ground alone there above The Sanctuary. Then they began to assemble behind him (the stallion knew not how many; he never turned), like the hissing ocean tide, stewing in fresh, brisk anticipation. Hector was focused however, his eyes switching through the darkness warily while still the location of the wraith failed his mortal capacity. He could feel Veci there, nearby; could hear the animated motions of the invisible mind, but the Boggart melded perfectly into their grim surroundings, and for now his attention had been absorbed into attacking rather than spitting weak images for his part-equine partner to find.

Firelight had swept by them, zipping into the cave’s jagged mouth and away; too fast though, even for the fit reflexes of the giant to follow. Rust-red ears wavered in delayed response, his long feline tail snapping ferociously as he continued to scour the festering environment for his target.

The wraith pounced forward with what seemed to be otherworldly speed towards Hector, he propped in place- confused initially by the velocity witnessed. Putrid undead teeth snapped rapaciously against dancing copper shins, but she pulled back; balked, stopped almost as suddenly as she had launched. While she stood gasping at his front Hector celebrated the work of his stealthy companion and realigned himself should the creature find air in her lungs to attack once more. Staggering back quickly with out-reaching wings, he removed himself as best he could from her proximity.

Barely minutes later, the clamouring thrash of resonating hooves spilt into the open. Midas sprang from the trembling depths; shining steel still fastening itself across the black and white flex of his frame, and Hector’s stalwart stance swayed only to accommodate the finer stallion beside him at the front of the group. The king’s gaze swept towards the streaking light of his companion, as she betrayed the winded corpse of the monster- sharp avian eyes penetrating effortlessly the smog of sickness which wafted around them all.

Chains rose from the rumbling earth like enchanted, gold tentacles reaching towards their flailing, horror-struck victim. Sand pooled and whirled where the arms broke from the packed surface of the Heart; defying rationale and shredding the laws of truth- Hector watched with keen interest as they secured the wraith in place. Veci’s grip released as the monster fell upon raw, fleshy knees and the spectre waltzed to thread playfully between the fire-slick tendrils of his partner’s russet mane. Both were ready and waiting naturally, for Midas to command.

Note: @[Random Event], please roll for fairness of the situation. I feel like a cheat if Hector evades Micha without gamble. And sorry if I messed timeframes up in this post! Wow a lot just happened.

Edited after roll: DAMMIT lol

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Messages In This Thread
save my soul - by Micha - 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: save my soul - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: save my soul - by Micha - 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: save my soul - by Random Event - 01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: save my soul - by Oxy - 01-31-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: save my soul - by Midas - 02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: save my soul - by Micha - 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 02-06-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: save my soul - by Oxy - 02-10-2014, 09:34 PM