the Rift

[PRIVATE] what would you do if my heart was torn in two?
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
The phoenix chirped and leaned back while Evangeline and I talked; knowing full well that she couldn’t draw any closer to the amber dragon without causing pain. A quiet hiss passed between clicking jaws, the fire along her wings settled into a stance that I’d almost call pouting. Beak lowered but those vibrant aquamarine pools remained every alert on the slithery lizard she was quickly coming to favor. The soft spoken mare returned my interest with a lesson in some far off country and a question of her own.

I settled into the conversation, intrigued by the idea that only dragons could form a soul bond in this place of her previous life—and only with those of equine blood. That much was at least the same for here, “It is rumored for Helovia that only those of equine blood or their kin can call upon the soul of an ancient dragon.”

I paused a moment, thinking, remembering how we’d gathered and how it had been my aid in rescuing that tiny egg from a precarious ledge that was recognized. “I was chosen,”simple enough, but my tone was distant, thoughtful, “I among others found her still a babe not yet hatched.” Bottomless pools drifted toward the two precious children that held an important piece of our souls, “Earth sang toward the destiny of our union…it was the first and last time I’d be treated to witness such a song.”

Like the trembling of a mountain, or the rippling of a Tallsun spring swelled from the Frostfall snow dripping down. The rustling of tropical trees over a pristine lake during the hottest parts of the day, and my old Magnolia tree nestled in a wash of sand and grit. Its limbs heavy with sweet smelling flora of the purest white. Would I ever hear and see those beautiful sights again? “I just…knew.” Such a thing was hard to explain and I didn’t bother trying further.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: what would you do if my heart was torn in two? - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM