the Rift

[PRIVATE] one day i'll fly away [Rasta]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

For a reason that Alleo didn't completely understand the look in Rasta's eyes stung him a bit. It suddenly looked like she didn't trust him and expected him to have less than pure intentions. He tried to ignore the way it made his heart beat harder and his stomach churn uncomfortably, but it was nearly impossible. He couldn't help but wonder why she would look at him like that. Hadn't he promised that he would keep her safe? Why would he make his own word worth nothing by hurting her, himself? Once again he found himself wishing that she could speak so they could talk about what was going on. Why she was looking at him like that.

His movements were quick and gentle as he clipped the hawk clip into her mane then he stepped back, his gaze falling from the trinket he'd found to the water where she would see her reflection. He waited. He watched. He listened. Her gasp for air made it more apparent that she had been expecting some form of physical pain. He had done the same thing when he'd been a boy and waiting for his father to punish him. For whatever reason he'd always felt that holding his breath would make the pain hurt less. It didn't, but he'd still held his breath when he knew it was coming.

This made him feel ... it made him feel like he was the bad one. Like he was just like his father, dealing out punishment to those who were beneath him. But he wasn't his father. He didn't hurt anyone without a damned good reason. And he wouldn't hurt someone who was relying on him for protection and comfort.

His ears fell back against his head as Rasta shook her head and he sighed quietly. "I thought you would like it." He sounded defeated, though he tried not to. "Since it was a hawk... like your old companion." He shrugged and tried to play it off like it wasn't a big deal. She'd only rejected something he'd found. It wasn't like he'd gone off and had it made for her. So what did it matter if she was the first one he thought about when he'd found it. "You don't have to keep it if you don't like it." He took a few steps back from Rasta before turning and walking to an area where he could graze on the moss covered floor while keeping an eye on her like he always did.

"."

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Messages In This Thread
one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-29-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-30-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-31-2014, 12:57 AM