the Rift

[PRIVATE] one day i'll fly away [Rasta]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

This feeling of disappointment wasn't something unfamiliar to Alleo, he'd felt the same emotion countless times in his childhood, but somehow it felt different. It was unlike the disappointment he'd felt in his mother and father. Unlike the disappointment he'd felt with himself when he allowed himself to be used as a mindless weapon. Maybe it felt different because this time he wasn't disappointed in someone else. He was disappointed that Rasta hadn't accepted a little trinket that showed his affection. His grazing paused and he stared hard at the ground. Affection? Where had that word come from? Where had that feeling that accompanied the word come from?

His grazing was set into motion once more when Rasta was by his side again, her muzzle dropping down near his as he grazed. He didn't do anything to push her away because he had promised that he wouldn't hurt her and he knew quite well that emotional pain was just as real as physical. He lapsed back into a state that he had been in for most of his life, emotions tucked somewhere deep inside and locked away. He'd been a fool to let himself get attached to a mare that had only asked him to protect her. What was he thinking? She could actually like him as more than just a protector? Maybe he really was as big a fool as his father had told him he was. It was the only explanation he could think of.

Her muzzle brushed against his neck before she lipped at the amulet that she had given him. He stills as her muzzle comes to rest against his chest and he almost felt as if she'd stabbed him there. Alleo sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly, his head rising enough so that his voice wouldn't be muffled against the mossy floor. "I would never do anything to hurt you." He said quietly, his ears falling back against his head once more. "I thought you trusted me." He thought but refrained from voicing that thought. His head turned so that he could look at the pale mare from the corner of his eye. He wanted to say more, but what was there to say? What could he ask a mare who couldn't speak for herself? He could only be thankful that it was a trinket he'd given her and not his heart. But could he really give that away? He was beginning to think she'd stolen it the first time she'd curled against his side for protection and warmth.

He blinked and shifted his gaze away as that thought popped into his head of its own accord. It all was beginning to make sense in his head, but he wanted to deny it. Love wasn't something that came to stallions like him. It was a concept that was foreign to him and a word that was all too strange and downright weird. But maybe it made a little bit of sense?

"Love." He thought as he snorted quietly. "Who would have thought?" It was something he probably wouldn't be able to admit out of fear that she'd reject him like she had the hawk clip... the one that she still wore in her hair after he'd told her she didn't have to keep it. Maybe that was a good sign.

"It looks good on you." His voice was still quiet as he spoke the compliment.

"."

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Messages In This Thread
one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-29-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-30-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-31-2014, 12:57 AM