the Rift

Chandeliers

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

He listens patiently to my views on “monsters” and my ridiculous speculations on Basin residence. He does not offer his own opinions on either matter and while my comment about joining the Basin myself had been little more than a joke I find that I am truly curious to know more about the place. Perhaps I might learn it from him…

The next words out of his mouth are deeply saddening to me and I step nearer reaching out to him in an attempt to brush my muzzle reassuringly against his chest. It is contact that may or may not be allowed and I might not have attempted had I thought about it first, but I am not embarrassed about the action either.

“I do truly hope that you, and every other displaced refuge in these caves, are able to see home again soon Farenjer.”

It would really be a tragedy for so many to lose what they love all at once. Even with all that I’ve seen and experienced in my life I can not believe that the world… that the Gods, if this land has any, would be so totally and completely cruel. To an individual yes, but to an entire population? No, I can not fathom it.

Now he becomes mildly distracted by my comment about the maze. Apparently he hasn’t been deep enough into this confusing labyrinth to realize it’s nature.

“Yes, it most certainly is and a very disorienting one at that. I do not like it. In fact before I found you I thought I might just be doomed to wander in it alone for the rest of my life!”

A little over dramatic but this place really has been eating at my normal calm even more than I realized. Then the stallion turns his head to indicate the path behind him and I let out a gasp of undisguised glee. There really is another way out and I am only strides away from it! For a moment, and a moment only, I want to rush past him into that warm glowing light and forget about this glittery Hell entirely. Even on my worst day I can not be that rude though and I am enjoying our conversation.

“Well, I guess I’ve nothing to worry about after all...”

Again I forget my fear allowing my gaze to wander up and fall on his face and again I pull my eyes away this time putting my own face fully against the wall beside me.

“Sorry, I can’t do it… it’s your eyes… eye… the color… it reminds me of ghosts.”

A shiver runs through me at the last word, I’ve seen more than my share of them lately and my sleep has suffered for it. It is a stupid connection to be making, he is nothing like a ghost, but it is there and I am unable to break free of it.

“Maybe if you turn your head a little?”

My voice is hopeful now though I suppose I’ve no right to hope any such thing. After all, what am I but a random stranger who barged in on his solitude and mistook him for a monster?

The silence stretches and when at last I gather the courage to look at the place where he'd been standing I can no longer see him. Astonished and terrified I move without even thinking, beating a quick retreat down the now open crystal corridor into the blue-green glow beyond.

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 01-31-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-09-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM