the Rift

[OPEN] All the things that kill me...

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer

Blunt ivories clamped down over his neck and dragged him back before the colt had made it more than a few yards up the path. He tried to resist with a surprised yelp but was quite securely dragged back down, legs sprawling and pawing for traction; when he was released the unsteady knees gave in and delivered him onto the floor, huffing with slate gray wings ruffled and the slender tail whipping in anger.

"I go where I want!" he squawked and looked up at the horse that stood looming over him, cutting into her monologue without caring for politeness introductions or words of wisdom. The startling blue eyes of the colt would have shot lightning if they could, and as Kari clumsily began to rise for the second time in mere minutes he studied the creature before him, wariness apparent in his entire demeanor.

"I'm not scared of the dark." The little head bobbed up and down as he said it, thready wisps of mane bouncing from the neck in a show of confidence he couldn't honestly say that he felt. Hearing that she was of the Throat should probably have made him feel relieved at any other time, but right now he couldn't care less; it would be annoying if this person thought that he was easy to scare, it might make her think that she could tell him what to do. So Kari only gave her a contemptuous glance and a snort before he began to move forward again, stubbornness written all over his face; he had a mother to save, and no time for chitchat.

The horses down here seemed bored however, because as he moves a shadow solidifies and steps out into the reddish glow, black as another mare he knows yet infinitely less pleasant. Why he stops Kari doesn't know; the drawl of the voice is nasty and even more so its words - they remind him of the beast that had approached on the surface, only lacking the scent of disease and madness. This one... The yellow gleam of her eyes sends a shiver down his spine, and for the second time that day Kari feels trapped, caught in a spell of dread.

Monsters above, monsters below... Were there no safe places left?

"What do you want?" the colt asked and licked his lips uncertainly, gaze moving between the two mares. "Wait, no.. I don't care. I'm going to find my mom. Bye." He took a new step forward, hoping that the crawling feeling at the back of the neck only was imagination and not the predatory stare he imagined it to be.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

@[Megaera]

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Messages In This Thread
All the things that kill me... - by Kari - 02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: All the things that kill me... - by Megaera - 02-01-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: All the things that kill me... - by Kari - 02-01-2014, 06:19 PM