the Rift

[OPEN] there are ghost towns in the ocean

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

Elsiyum’s response to our newly arrived rescuer is very amusing to me. For the sake of my friend’s pride I am careful not to give any sign of this amusement. There, you see child? You are a Unicorn not a “monster”… these thoughts too remain silent. She is intrigued enough to agree at once to the offer we’ve received though she too informs the other of our hampered traveling speed. This does not appear to trouble Lena. When she could have changed her mind she instead gives us one final reassuring grin, so warm that I cannot help returning it, and moves to lead the way into the night with that fox like creature still twirling about at her side. Well here we go then, no turning back now…

I step forward slowly allowing my young companion to continue using me for support.

So we make our painstaking way into this new world.

The land we cross is thickly forested at first and I find myself having to move even slower so as not to stumble over tree roots. It would have been nice to have arrived in full daylight but things are what they are. I am grateful for Lena, without her guidance I’d have been dreadfully lost in the first hour and there was something in that warning she issued us before that suggested getting lost in this place could be deadly.

On we go and I am fighting to keep my eyes open as we leave the tree cover for a hot dry place. Our path skirts around a fiery pit that both warms my hide and troubles my mind. Shortly thereafter the friendly tones of our native guide reach my ears telling us that we’ve arrive. Still moving forward I blink and look around. Then I spot it, a cleverly hidden hole in the ground. Surely she can’t mean…

Yes, that is exactly where she is headed…

Suddenly my calm, level-headed, wise demeanor melts away and I freeze, halting abruptly with no thought to how that action might unbalance Elsiyum should she still be leaning on me. My skin begins to twitch and then my body to shake and it is all I can do to prevent my legs from carrying me backwards down the trail we’ve just traversed.

“No, no, no, no…. NO!”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
there are ghost towns in the ocean - by Lena - 02-01-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: there are ghost towns in the ocean - by Mermaid - 02-02-2014, 12:52 AM
RE: there are ghost towns in the ocean - by Lena - 02-09-2014, 10:41 AM