the Rift

A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open]

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

She couldn't stand it. Her knees were sore and bruised, her throat parched, her hooves cracked. The mare heaved what she thought to be her last breaths. She was only three, but she felt older from her battered body.

Her coat was soaked in mud and water. Her mane was gnarled, her horn seemed no longer to glow the way it had, to make a flower bloom and grow, now made the flower wilt and crumble.

The mare felt her stomach growl, deep and low. She hadn't eaten in days she must've traveled through half of Helovia by now. She mustered enough energy to calculate how much further she had to go till she reached the Threshold. She was only about twenty miles, if she was correct. She mustered all her energy and finally stood back up. She collected the last of her energy, bunched it up, and followed the worn path.

She collapsed in the dirt. Her nostrils flared, she lay on her side, she felt the sun's warm rays shine over her deformed body. She felt warm spread throughout her black dirt covered coat. She opened her eyes, listening to the birds chirp. The mare took another deep breath, blowing out the chunks of mud and grime first.

She just lay there, her eyes closed, her breathing relaxed, waiting for the gods to take her away. But they never came.

The mare opened her eyes, the sun beginning to set, trading places with the moon, who ruled the night.

Her horn began to regain it's gallant blue glow. She stood up, feeling her body scream out in pain. She snorted at her own weakness, and began to canter along the path now.

The speed of her canter was surprising, she felt the wind in her mane, her tail flapping in the wind like a flag. She tossed her head and went faster.
All I had needed was a midnight gallop? Impossible! She thought to herself. She skidded to a halt. She had made it. She was standing before the Threshold. She neighed in delight and trotted into the Threshold. It was a beautiful forest with singing song birds and green lively trees. She sniffed the ground, grass was growing in small patches here and there.

The mare whinnied and gulped down as mush grass as her stomach allowed her. She then realized her tongue was still dry. She sipped up a puddle, feeling her tongue and throat being re-hydrated, she did another full out neigh of triumph.

Her horn was finally glowing again! She neighed once more and then everything went black

The mare awoke, still in the same condition as before, her throat parched, her stomach empty and her body deformed, she let out a soulful neigh.
It was all a stupid stupid dream. I should've known.She felt her knees give way, and she toppled over, crying out for help as she did.

Action
Thought
"Speaking"

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open] - by Leyra - 08-15-2012, 08:42 AM