the Rift

[OPEN] Cold Defeat

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
quote quote

In his breast, Kaj's heart clenched as Aaron blamed himself. He knew how he felt, he knew the pain of guilt that did not belong on his shoulders. Kaj moved his wing to tentatively, hopefully, brush against the painted son's shoulder. Cheveyo was a distant thought in his mind as he leveled his pale blue gaze on the other male, expression understanding and sad. "It is not your fault, broer. Please know that." His voice was soft, lowered only to Aaron's ears, wishing he could take the pain Kaj knew so well from his shoulders. "All we can do is pray, and hope. I will visit the Wall. I will leave with you to look for them, if you ask of me." So unsure about Aaron's stance on prayers, on asking guidance from the Gods, he said no more on that particular subject. Instead he uttered soft promises, willing to follow Aaron into the blackness above if it meant helping him find the blood of his siblings left behind.

The hellhound came bounding to his bonded's side, but as Cheveyo spoke, Kaj's ears fell half-mast and he eyed her slowly. "I will be the judge of that," he spoke softly, a mix of distrust and awareness of the promise she offered in his tone, though a promise of pain lingered if he returned to find Aaron at all worse than when he left him. In all, appreciative of her willingness to help, but wary of her sincerity. He was leaving the well-being of his brother in her hands, how else was he supposed to sound? Of course he would not trust her directly, he had suffered too much already, he would not lose Aaron next. Legs strained momentarily and lifted him up to his hooves as he spoke, using his height to further emphasize the point he was trying to make. Sighing silently he shook his head, her kindly smile making it obvious to him that he was being far too protective. "I will return as swiftly as I can," he promised to the both of them. Wordlessly he looked towards Cheveyo, eyes silently beseeching her to keep her word and watch over his wounded brother. Once he was sure the message was received, he bowed his head and turned, the click of his hooves rapid as he ran from the caves to find Resplendence.

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Cold Defeat - by Aaron - 02-02-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Cheveyo - 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Aaron - 02-06-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Cheveyo - 02-10-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Aaron - 02-15-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Kaj - 02-16-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Cheveyo - 02-18-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Aaron - 02-25-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Cold Defeat - by Kaj - 03-02-2014, 09:38 PM