the Rift

[OPEN] making our mark in the flow of time

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I have not been so afraid in many, many years. The thought of how quickly that fear overcame me, made me stupid and useless, is somewhat humiliating. I am no young and silly girl. I have seen much in my life, I should be in better control of myself and my reactions. Lucky that I was in the company of good friends when it happened or I might have been abandoned to the mercies of whatever it is that haunts the darkness above ground.

Here I am now, buried alive once more though at least this time I know where to find the exit. I can stand upright and move around normally. In fact aside from the absence of the sun and the vast sky, and of course the ocean, things are more or less normal here. Still, the cool cave air makes my skin crawl, I do not like it… now and then I am taken by fits of shaking when I cannot suppress my most recent terrifying memories. At those times I am certain that the walls will close in around me that the earth will swallow me whole and spit me out in yet another alien world where I do not belong.

But it can’t happen again can it? The Keeper has put me beyond her sphere of influence and I have not angered any gods or goddesses in this place… at least I hope not…

As my thoughts ran wildly over my musings and worries my wayward hooves have carried me beyond the main cavern. A tunnel curves off to the left and I am half way down that path before I realize it. Drat! This is how I always get into trouble… wandering off into unknown corners without meaning to. There are no others around to dampen the echoes of my hooves on the rock floor with their own noises. That steady clicking reminds me of where I am and starts the shaking all over again. Taking a deep breath I force myself to move normally, to take smooth even steps and continue traveling forward all the while looking around for something to distract me from my terror.

A warm light flickers up ahead and I focus on that advancing until I can see the bubbling pool beneath it then all of a sudden my fear is forgotten. The etchings on the walls around me are that magnificent, that captivating… my mind focuses on them and has no room left for the maddening fear.

I turn in a slow circle taking it all in, one strange marking at a time…

“Wow! Now there is a story, I only wish I knew the words…”

I whisper this aloud without meaning to or registering that I have and continue to turn attempting to memorize it all.

OOC: for Mermaid to meet @ELSA but others are welcome if they wish

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
making our mark in the flow of time - by Mermaid - 02-02-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 02-12-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 03-12-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 03-27-2014, 09:32 AM