[OPEN] making our mark in the flow of time

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

Her laughter is less hearty this time. I seem to be damaging her goodnatured enthusiasm with my overbearing optimism. Noting this I decide to make the attempt at curbing that optimism, at least a little, in her presence. It is curious to me though, what shadows lurk behind this young woman’s sunny smile? Another mystery… I add it to my list.

I gloss over my own historical troubles, diminishing the significance of “divine expulsion” with my comments about being an alien. This seems to restore her earlier gleeful mood quickly enough. Faneing a look of intent consideration I stretch my nose out to sniff her.

“No, I do not think you smell quite green enough for me to want a taste. Apparently being alien has not altered my prefered diet any.”

Again her smiles fade, this time in response to my questions about her origins. I do not seem to be reading this girl very well… I truly did not mean to upset her. Listening with sympathy to her wistful memories I realize that the wrongs she has suffered and the separations she has lived through, while no worse than my own really, are new and fresh in her mind yet. I want to tell her that things will get better, that the hurt will fade with time but I do not. While this would be true enough, in order to be completely truthful I would have to add that while it will fade it may not go away entirely. Somehow I doubt that truth will help her much.

“Well, you are looking at one now. I had power once. Nothing terribly strong, but it was there and I have certainly felt the absence since coming to this place.”

She offers no insight to the above ground world of Helovia, perhaps she did not see much more than I before being ushered to these caves. That is a pity, but I do not press her. It seems she no longer wishes to remain in my presence. Ah well, as she says it is getting late.

“I ought to attempt the same I suppose. Pleased to have met you Elsa, I will watch for you under the sun.”

A meeting in the future would be pleasant and now I have some idea what topics I should not mention to her. That said I too turn my back and proceed in the opposite direction.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Elsa] - just in case you want to read my belated ending. Thanks for the thread!
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
making our mark in the flow of time - by Mermaid - 02-02-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 02-12-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 03-12-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Elsa - 03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: making our mark in the flow of time - by Mermaid - 04-20-2014, 02:19 PM