the Rift

[OPEN] Paying respects

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer

The mare interrupted herself before finishing the sentence, leaving only enough syllables that the word was understandable. Kari gave her a curious look, not knowing what it was that made her pause - that he would be the cause of her apparent confusion he would never have guessed, and so the wondering eyes only lingered on the dappled lady for a moment before more interesting things drew his attention. Reaching closer to the wall the colt pressed his nose against the uneven surface, nose tingling by the sensation of cool rock against the soft skin as he studied the detailed figures. Uninvited a stream of visions flowed into his mind through the opened connection of physical contact, jumbled and so intense that the boy pulled back with a small gasp. Images of clashing armies, death and blood and the shaping of the world as he knew it by a small group of blindingly brilliant figures danced before his inner vision...

"Up there.. Outside" he answered her question distractedly, finding her question only half as interesting as this new piece of history. "She fought off a monster and told me to run. Now I'm trying to figure out how to save her."

Reluctantly Kari abandoned the decorated rock-face to look at the one-winged mare instead, the expression on his face much too serious and aware for such a young foal. "You're... Africa, aren't you" he said. "You lived in the desert too, you were made into Or... oracle" he spelled out and tripped over the unfamiliar word, gaze growing distant as he reached through his memories to pull the visions of Africa and his mother together. "You found a cave, and moved to a new nest and brought things with you in a leaf - there was a shell and a pink star and pieces of something..."

As he spoke the long tufted tail began to whip back and forth in growing excitement. When the colt was forced to pause for breath the expression turned into a bright smile, blue eyes glittering with hope and pleading as he stared up at her.

"You can help me! You're almost family, mom said so - 'everyone in the Dragon's Throat is a friend, kin and connected' he recited, trying to mimic the tone of the oftentimes grumpy Sleuth.

"A stupid wingless lady stopped me when I tried to go back outside to help mom, so now I don't know where she is and she didn't know the way down here and I need to help her because I miss her and I'm starting to get very hungry and maybe if she comes back the nightmares will stop and..." He was forced to pause the torrent of words as he sucked in a huge gulp of air, all the while staring at Africa with intense desire in the eyes. Surely she would let him search for the black mare - they were friends, weren't they?

@[Africa]

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Messages In This Thread
Paying respects - by Africa - 02-02-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Kari - 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Africa - 02-06-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Kari - 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Africa - 02-10-2014, 05:12 AM
RE: Paying respects - by Kari - 02-12-2014, 05:14 PM