the Rift

[OPEN] Paying respects

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer

Had Shadow really told the boy all of those things? No, not voluntarily at least. A hauntingly smug expression crept across the features of the boy as he thought about the horror in the shadowmare's eyes when she realized the extent of her son's abilities. His mother weren't overly fond of magic to begin with - her childhood had been completely void of supernatural things, so that when she first arrived in Helovia her encounters with the divine gifts had left her shocked, scared and very very certain that she'd grown insane. For her child to possess such a haunting ability as to absorb the past of the ground and the trees and water itself as well as that of his own mother terrified the pegasus. It had left her reluctant to touch him more than she absolutely had to - not knowing, of course, that he had already learned all there was to know about her from his time in the womb.

A similar reaction from Africa would be... inconvenient. So rather than answering her question the colt just smiled and watched as she struggled with his request, gradually working herself towards a decision with half-finished sentences and hesitant looks. The smile grew brighter when she declared that she would go with him, and with cheerfully whipping tail the boy skipped a bit on the spot in triumphant victory - finally! He would be allowed to go look for his mother!

"I'm Kari, son of Carnesîr and Shadow, of Dragon's Throat" he presented himself in the roundabout, formal manner he had been taught to use when 'the time for concealment and trickery has passed and honesty becomes valuable again', as Shadow had said. "We got separated not far from where I fell down in the cave, close to the glowing hole in the ground." Blue eyes stared intently at the dappled lady, hoping to see some form of recognition flash over her face - did she know where he meant? Would she know where to go? Kari wasn't sure he would be able to find the exact place on his own - maybe if the visions cooperated and showed him the right things, but that wasn't something to count on. At best they were erratic and vague, coming through strongly only when his emotions were strung high and it was hard to think and keep focus.

Then a sudden thought struck him, about something Africa had said, and it made his enthusiasm droop visibly. "I... I don't know anyone else to ask for help" he admitted and let the head drop, feeling disappointment well up inside, dangerously close to push through as beading teardrops just behind the eyelids. He held them back though, not wanting to seem weak. "I can ask around though, can't I? And.. and if I find someone else, then we can go?"

In the midst of all the worry and attempted bravery, a bird came flying through the murky air like a sliver of starry night sky. Kari sucked in a gasp of breath and watched as it came in to land on the rump of the strangely clad pegasus, breath-taken and thoroughly impressed by it as it turned to look disdainfully at him.

"What a pretty bird" he breathed, feeling very self conscious about himself under the emotionless stare - he had to lean down and scratch the stumps of horn that had begun to break forth from the poll, broken and easily chafed; Kari was sure that they made him look ugly. After all, he'd never seen any other pegasus with horns, so they had to be strange.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Messages In This Thread
Paying respects - by Africa - 02-02-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Kari - 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Africa - 02-06-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Kari - 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Africa - 02-10-2014, 05:12 AM
RE: Paying respects - by Kari - 02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Paying respects - by Africa - 02-12-2014, 08:58 PM