the Rift

[OPEN] she came from the see; and to it returns...

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

Having already strayed from the main room I decide to delve deeper. What better way to conquer this fear of the underground than to thoroughly explore it? In the few days of my Helovian existence I’ve not really found much to anchor myself on. The lack of any contact with the ocean, or even signs that I might reach it in the near future, has been very disconcerting. However, I have been assured that there is a plague above ground and however brave I might profess myself to be I am not really much of a fighter and I am not ready to die for no reason.

So I wander alone as I have been since the loss of my family, with the single exception of Alejandro. I speak with images of Alejandro in my head and laugh at his dry jokes. His physical body ceased to be with my forceful expulsion from The Keeper’s domain but he is not truly gone. His existence was a fragment of my own soul, after all and his personality pulled on parts of my mind, my past, my memories. Those parts are still there if I look hard enough. Still, I miss the companionship and the connection. Maybe someday I will be able to return to the universe I came from and find my way back to Avenion. Some very distant someday that I probably won’t live to see…

I shake my head to ward off these negative thoughts and focus instead on the sounds around me as I move deeper into the earth. The crashing roar of fast moving water catches my attention and at first I think I must have gotten turned around and gone up instead of down, that these are waves on an unexpected beach that I am hearing. Then I enter the shimmering light of the next cavern and come face to face with the source of the sound. It is not the ocean, but it is something almost as good. A giant underground waterfall tumbles down the rock wall before my eyes. The drawings on etched in the cave I just left were something but this, this is true beauty.

Drawn forward at a slow, mesmerized pace I approach the pool beneath the falls and lower my head for a much needed drink. Thirst quenched I step back with water dripping from my muzzle and peer into the depths. I am far enough from the place where the fall breaks the surface to see my reflection clearly but I look beyond that and for a moment I imagine that I see a great otter swimming up towards me.

“Hello, Alejandro…”

My whispered greeting is accompanied by a wistful smile as I turn away to investigate a noise behind me…

OOC: for Mermaid to meet @Asch

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
she came from the see; and to it returns... - by Mermaid - 02-02-2014, 11:52 PM