the Rift

[OPEN] she came from the see; and to it returns...

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

The bouncing does not cease. She pauses here and there as my words or the music of my trinkets distracts her but for the most part she remains in bouncy motion. I watch this in amusement and note that her little fluff of a tail flicks enthusiastically when the bounce isn’t quite enough for her. Yes, I think I’ve chosen an appropriate nickname to bestow upon this child. A look of fleeting dismay crosses her features when I inform her of the absence of rabbits in her current home. That dismay quickly turns to determination and I find her certainty that she will meet them someday to be heartening. Surely we can not be confined to this underground world forever and someday she will see the sun, real trees, rabbits… maybe even the ocean if there is one near by.

“With any luck you will not need to wait long.”

More tail swishing, prancing and even preening. My, my, I’d never imagined she’d take so much pleasure in a thing as simple as a nickname. It has truly been too long since I was around such young children. I am reminded now that they find their pleasures easily and everything is a joy or a mystery to them. I must be careful not to mislead the girl with my words, since she seems to be hanging on them so avidly.

“As you wish Rabbit, I will not forget.”

As I suspected, she does not know any of the words I use in attempt to tell her the story of my trinkets. How could she, having seen nothing beyond this network of caves? Perhaps she isn’t even aware that there is an outside world. Ocean, beach… these are things most dear to me. Things I should be able to describe easily even to one who has never seen them. The truth is though that I have not seen them myself in a very long time. Or rather, that I have forgotten the most recent time that I did…

I do not answer the questions just yet partly because I have no ready answer and partly because she has become distracted with my offer of a gift. This appears to thrill her even more than the nickname did. Good, now… how to procure the promised treasure for her? Hmmm…

Turning my head I stretch my neck as far back as I can reach and eye the ends of my long tail as I flick it forward. Once, twice, on the third flick I reach for the shell that hangs lowest and catch it in my teeth. A good hard tug, as my tail returns to it’s natural resting position, snaps the seaweed cord and allows me to place the shell on the ground between us. It is a smaller shell, curved on one face and hollow on the other. I think it probably made up one half a clam’s house prior to being cast of. Currently it sits with hollow side up, pearl white and shining. Leaning down again I give a gentle push with my nose to flip it over. The curved bottom side, now facing up, is a mix of coral pink and purple shading. Ah yes, this one was a gift from Alejandro back in Avenion. I remember now, though I can not recall how he came to have it.

“This was a gift from a friend of mine, it seems fitting to pass it along to you Rabbit. How would you like to wear it?”

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Asch]
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
RE: she came from the see; and to it returns... - by Mermaid - 04-19-2014, 09:23 PM